Reload this Page >

International moving company?

International moving company?

Old May 30th 2016, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Ragpie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International moving company?

Hi all!

I'm moving from the UK (Newcastle) to the US (Seattle) and I'm looking for an international moving company.

I've looked at so many companies and, of course, found all of the horrible reviews.

Can anyone recommend a company for UK-US moving services?

I appreciate your help!
Old Aug 21st 2016, 10:58 am
Just Joined

LA2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International moving company?

Hi Ragpie, did you find one in the end, and if so, who did you chose and how were they? Was about to post the same question myself...
Old Aug 21st 2016, 11:54 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

People like to complain - my observation over a number of years and many different purchases is that it is rare for even good companies or products to have more than 90% "good" reviews, much less than 90% and I start to wonder, but a small percentage of bad reviews is perfectly normal even for the best companies.

In the case of an international removal your moving experience is going to be critically dependent on who the contractor is who receives, delivers and unloads your container in the US, so ask the companies in the UK that you ask for a quote, who they use in the state where you're going.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond repute

Assume something(s) will get broken. Everything we sent was carefully packed. We paid the insurance and got back almost all of what the insurance cost us. It does mean listing everything on the insurance forms. That's not the fun bit, but worth doing so you know you can claim if needed.

We don't know where things were broken (a lamp, some china, some ornaments) but there were some boxes dented/crushed... I was expecting it after calling the port to find out if the ship had docked. It had run aground a couple of miles from the UK coastline and had to be towed back... I googled the ship details and found the story!

Last edited by Hanco; Aug 22nd 2016 at 1:42 pm.