Reload this Page >

International health insurance- cover for the first months

International health insurance- cover for the first months

Old Sep 14th 2018, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

upnorth78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International health insurance- cover for the first months

Hi

We are coming across on the E2 visa. As soon as we land we will be sorting out the health insurance. However we would like insurance that covers us in the meantime, We have a long drive (10hrs) from the airport to our destination and we would like the peace of mind that we have the cover we need if something does happen.

Can anyone recommend any international health care companies please? Thank you....!

Tracy
Old Sep 19th 2018, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Silvergirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International health insurance- cover for the first months

We had the same problem earlier this year, arriving on E2 in California. You will likely need the temporary insurance for 1-2 months, as you will require proof of address (I.e. lease and utility bills), evidence of being a new resident and other docs to get the permanent one, and there can be a lead time to start (in our case they were only able to start on the 1st of the month after approving us).
In my case in California we used GeoBlue for the temporary one. I had called BlueShieldCA sales from the UK, and they recommended GeoBlue for this. Make sure you read the plan you sign up for in detail to make sure it is valid for the temporary circumstances (not many are - for example most travel insurance isn’t) and get on permanent health insurance as quickly as possible.
I didn’t have any claims, but can recommend GeoBlue in terms of being good to deal with. They were flexible to let me cancel the monthly plan at the end of the month at short notice when I finally had the permanent health insurance sorted. We paid about $900 per month for two adults.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 4:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.duinsure.com/travel_insu...avel_insurance

Emigration or One way travel insurance, covers you for the journey and you can purchase up to 3 months of insurance for once you are there..
Old Sep 28th 2018, 12:26 pm
Moving to Mississauga!

ScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
https://www.duinsure.com/travel_insu...avel_insurance

Emigration or One way travel insurance, covers you for the journey and you can purchase up to 3 months of insurance for once you are there..
Thanks Siouxie - was looking for something like this so have purchased.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 5:52 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

10 hours... long drive? Oh, bless....