Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

International Education Research Foundation

International Education Research Foundation

Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Hubbabagorg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International Education Research Foundation

Hi, I have just finished an MSc and would like to move to the USA. I know that without experience that it is very unlikely, without working for a company in the UK with offices in America and eventually getting transferred over.

Despite this, I am still applying to jobs in the States alongside UK applications, just in case a company over there decides to give me a shot.

One application requirement that I saw for one position stated that they wanted my UK qualifications to be converted using the International Education Research Foundation, which costs $85. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to do this for US applications in general, (whether now or for when I have more experience under my belt), in case they assume that I have already done this/it makes it easier for them to assess my qualifications, or will it be only certain institutions that require this?

I apologise if this has been asked before, but the search box came up empty and I couldn't see any topics/FAQs mentioning this.

Thanks
Old Oct 8th 2012, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Education Research Foundation

Originally Posted by Hubbabagorg
I was wondering if it would be beneficial to do this for US applications in general, (whether now or for when I have more experience under my belt), in case they assume that I have already done this/it makes it easier for them to assess my qualifications, or will it be only certain institutions that require this?
There are two major organizations in the US that assess education qualifications... IERF and WES. Some companies will want one, some will want the others. If you're serious about getting a job in the US, I respectfully suggest you get both... and include one or the other in any US job application.

Whether or not it'll ultimately be helpful to you, is hard to say... but, if nothing else, it will show someone that you had the foresight to think of it! Remember to get a bunch of photocopies of the original... and send the photocopies with your application. If you get to the interview process, take an original to show the interviewer.

Ian
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Hubbabagorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info Ian, I was hoping the answer was going to be..cheaper - but, as you said, I guess it will show potential employers that I am taking this seriously.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 12:44 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Waste of money doing it until you are asked for specifically, because they might have their own company they'd want you to use.

Anyway, realistically, unless you've got a fair bit of experience or niche skills, it's really a waste of time/money.