Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

international driving license

Wikiposts

international driving license

Old Jul 11th 2006, 7:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: international driving license

Originally Posted by Partystar
Cheers mate, yeah he's very photogenic, he doesn't get that from me!

Oh yes he does. You remind me of someone I used to know...just can't put a name to the face.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 7:56 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Oh yes he does. You remind me of someone I used to know...just can't put a name to the face.
Probably some funny bitch!!!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 11:38 am
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

When I took my tests over here I had to do a 4 hour drug and alcohol awareness course as I never held a U.K. license, I got tripped up on a question asking how many windscreen wipers you HAD to have, and of course thinking back to the U.K. and all these cars with just the one (Mercedes, boy racers, etc.) I said one, where apparently you have to have at least two! As far as the written and practical tests went they were a piece of piss, and for the practical I never actually saw a real road, it was all done in something like a big car park at the DMV! They wonder why the driving is sooo bad over here!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 3:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
International permit are for when your licence is in a foreign language ...
or if your license doesn't have a photo on it...
Old Jul 12th 2006, 3:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

....Even a USC moving from one state to another has to sit the test and apply for that state's licence within a limited timescale.
depends on the state, but most allow them to just swap them over, usually if they have had it at least 6 months or are over a certain age like 18 or 21...
Old Jul 15th 2006, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just obtained my AZ licence. Only at the MVD for 1 hour 40 minutes from entering to driving away with the licence this morning. I'm actually frightened at how easy it was to obtain......
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:22 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsnichol
Well I just obtained my AZ licence. Only at the MVD for 1 hour 40 minutes from entering to driving away with the licence this morning. I'm actually frightened at how easy it was to obtain......
Oh I'm so glad you got it done, I hope my info was of use to you, congratulations! Karma coming your way!
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsnichol
Congratulations. If you really want to be scared try driving in NJ. :scared:
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. If you really want to be scared try driving in NJ. :scared:
If they have the same 'strict' requirements as AZ... I think I'll take the trains!
Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:17 am
Just Joined

HLH Moreno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
When I took my tests over here I had to do a 4 hour drug and alcohol awareness course as I never held a U.K. license, I got tripped up on a question asking how many windscreen wipers you HAD to have, and of course thinking back to the U.K. and all these cars with just the one (Mercedes, boy racers, etc.) I said one, where apparently you have to have at least two! As far as the written and practical tests went they were a piece of piss, and for the practical I never actually saw a real road, it was all done in something like a big car park at the DMV! They wonder why the driving is sooo bad over here!
i live in florida, on the gulf side. did you by any chance need to take any proper lessons at all before you took the practical test? i am thinking of getting my USC wife to teach me a bit before i go for it
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:04 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by HLH Moreno
i live in florida, on the gulf side. did you by any chance need to take any proper lessons at all before you took the practical test? i am thinking of getting my USC wife to teach me a bit before i go for it
Have you ever seen Americans drive?! The majority can't, that should give you a clue!!!