British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   International Autosource (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/international-autosource-907415/)

JosiesJourney Jan 2nd 2018 6:03 pm

International Autosource

Hi all

Wondering if anyone can give me some advice when dealing with IAS. Looked at pre threads but the answers I'm looking for are not there.....So we are leasing with IAS and they have provided us with a rental car (2 actually as they only do 4 week rentals and we are waiting 6 weeks for the lease car) while we wait for the car to be available on 8th Jan. We have had to pay for the rental car (albeit they took the money when we returned the first one) and we are to be refunded for the rental cost. What I'm wondering is if anyone has had this experience and had any issues with the refund amount?

Also is there a particular place to collect the lease car and any documentation we need to take? I've been warned if we don't take all the docs we will need to go back so want to make sure we don't forget anything!

Thanks!

tom169 Jan 2nd 2018 6:06 pm

Re: International Autosource

I think you will be collecting the lease car from a dealer. You'll need all the documentation that you'd require for any car - ID, insurance, etc.

JosiesJourney Jan 3rd 2018 1:27 am

Great thanks!

Ecto17 Jan 3rd 2018 2:02 am

We used them over the summer and had 2 rentals and they paid us back with no issue or delay. We also had to settle some costs at the dealers, tax and registration l think and again no issue with them reimbursing us for this.
We collected from a Ford dealer but made sure it was the closest one (within their network) to us.
Great company, very happy with them.
Sorry can't remember the documents we needed.

petitefrancaise Jan 4th 2018 6:22 pm

the dealer should tell you which documents they need and registration requirements differ from state to state. Where are you?

robtuck Jan 4th 2018 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ecto17 (Post 12409620)
We used them over the summer and had 2 rentals and they paid us back with no issue or delay. We also had to settle some costs at the dealers, tax and registration l think and again no issue with them reimbursing us for this.
We collected from a Ford dealer but made sure it was the closest one (within their network) to us.
Great company, very happy with them.
Sorry can't remember the documents we needed.

Same experience as this.

JosiesJourney Jan 5th 2018 2:03 am

Good to know....we are New Jersey North. Some of our expat friends said they had over an hour's drive to collect their Ford explorer so am really hoping we can collect from somewhere more local especially with the wild weather and it being Monday collection!

tom169 Jan 5th 2018 2:40 am

Originally Posted by JosiesJourney (Post 12411354)
Good to know....we are New Jersey North. Some of our expat friends said they had over an hour's drive to collect their Ford explorer so am really hoping we can collect from somewhere more local especially with the wild weather and it being Monday collection!

Over an hour? Pfft... You're in the USA now ;)

Jack8602 Jan 5th 2018 2:47 am

You'll eventually write off an hours drive as just around the corner once you've been in the US a while ;)

Hope you enjoy the new car!

Ecto17 Jan 6th 2018 2:35 am

Hello!
Sorry didn't really look who posted!!! I take it you are collecting a Ford? We collected from Washington which may well be your closest too, it is a relatively simple drive from you and the dealership was really good.
You had a nice long straight road out of the dealers which l loved as l had a chance to get used to the car before having to making any turns!!!