Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

International Auto Source

International Auto Source

Old Mar 24th 2017, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

sarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond repute
Default International Auto Source

Has anyone on this site had dealings with International Auto Source? I'm asking as my employer in the USA recommends them for buying or leasing a car. As we've lived in the USA 8 years ago, as we have SSN's would we be eligible to use IAS?
Old Mar 24th 2017, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Auto Source

They're regularly used and recommended. I suggest using the "Search this forum" functionality and i'm sure you'll find some discussion.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 2:42 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I used IA, and recommend them frequently - get a car lined up before you arrive, so that's one less thing to be running around doing after you arrive, AND get a foot on the credit-history ladder immediately with a nice installment loan. What's not to like about that?

At one point I had recommended IA to so many people that one of the salesmen asked to speak to me, as I had become something of a legend in the IA sales office!

AFAIK the only requirement to use their main car sales service is that you are living outside the US when you sign the contract and pay the deposit. .... Their bread and butter business is selling to US service personnel, so having a SSN already won't negatively impact you and in fact will make the initial paperwork a bit easier.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 1:49 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Good choice.
If you are footing the bill, then definitely negotiate. Also look at expatride, contact a VW dealership near where you will be living if Audi/VW is your choice and ask about their foreign/expat business programme.
You ought to be able to ask IAS to throw in car rental if your car won't be ready when you get here ( this happens frequently and they try to get you to make another choice) and also AIG Inbound USA ( a concierge service that will help you to get cheaper car insurance, renters insurance and a credit card once you have your social security number)
A mazda dealership might also be able to give you a quote but probably not until you are in country
Old Mar 24th 2017, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

sarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke with IAS today and as we will be GC holders the only car manufacturers that will deal with us is Ford! I was informed this is due to the type of visa we will have. IAS has sent me a finance application form to fill out and see if I can get preapproved. With this in mind and as we have SSN's I do wonder if it may be easier if we go to a main dealer in Bossier!
Old Mar 25th 2017, 12:02 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have good US credit history? ie 700+
Old Mar 25th 2017, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Do you have good US credit history? ie 700+
As we've been out of the USA for nearly 9 years my score is around 670 I have some old credit history on my report which is positive so not sure if the score is okay to get a car from a dealer or just stay with IAS for the time being to build up my credit history and score.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Nissan were prepared to offer me a car with no credit check on their best interest provided I earned $75k.

I ended up getting a car someplace else, but might be an idea for you if you earn that amount.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 12:52 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarasota chic
I spoke with IAS today and as we will be GC holders the only car manufacturers that will deal with us is Ford! I was informed this is due to the type of visa we will have. IAS has sent me a finance application form to fill out and see if I can get preapproved. With this in mind and as we have SSN's I do wonder if it may be easier if we go to a main dealer in Bossier!
What visa did you tell IA that you're on? .... A GC is only one step away from being a citizen - others on "lesser" visas haven't been restricted to just Ford. That said of the "big three" domestic manufacturers, Ford is the only one I would buy!
Old Mar 25th 2017, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pulaski
What visa did you tell IA that you're on? .... A GC is only one step away from being a citizen - others on "lesser" visas haven't been restricted to just Ford. That said of the "big three" domestic manufacturers, Ford is the only one I would buy!
Maybe wires got crossed and they thought OP was already a GC holder... I.E. Taken up residency. Might be worth phoning IAS again to clarify.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by tom169
Maybe wires got crossed and they thought OP was already a GC holder... I.E. Taken up residency. Might be worth phoning IAS again to clarify.
I bet that's it! ..... They think the OP is already in the US.

@Sarasota Chic: Do you already have a GC, or do you have a visa that will become a GC upon entering the US?
Old Mar 25th 2017, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
The person I spoke to at IAS asked what visa I would be getting so I told them we'd be GC holders, and IAS works closely with my employer O'Grady Peyton International I'm sure they would possibly find out on what visa I'll be getting from OGP. And IAS have requested a copy of my visa stamp when our passports are returned by the embassy.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I bet that's it! ..... They think the OP is already in the US.

@Sarasota Chic: Do you already have a GC, or do you have a visa that will become a GC upon entering the US?
No I don't have GC yet but the visa I'm going on will become a GC on entering the USA.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

I'll email IAS on Monday just to clear up the confusion over the visa.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 1:21 am
Austin. TX.

Originally Posted by sarasota chic
No I don't have GC yet but the visa I'm going on will become a GC on entering the USA.
really?

are you sure you aren't getting an L visa - this would mean that your company can sponsor you for your green card once you have arrived, but that would take at least 6 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.