Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Internal flight ID quick q

Internal flight ID quick q

Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internal flight ID quick q

Just some random beachgoer who walked into the street.

I asked the woman tester about it afterwards and she said I was fine.

Least I passed.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Just some random beachgoer who walked into the street.

I asked the woman tester about it afterwards and she said I was fine.

Least I passed.
Maybe you would have got points had you hit her....

I always think teens on skateboards score the best....
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:45 pm

Isabel_7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
hello
ive confused myself so someone can confirm or give advice

I have my Green Card now ()
Im taking an internal flight in a few weeks...my UK passport is in my maiden name, Green Card in married name

Husband says i only need Green Card as ID for internal flight. Green Card is in married name and he will book tickets in married name
Is he correct or do i need to book in maiden name, take passport as ID and marriage cert

any advice appreciated!!!!
Another option is getting a Californian ID from D.M.V. until such time as you get a driving license. I think you might even be able to get it the same day as you go in and apply for it. People are more used to seeing one of those than a Green Card.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I hated the test here in CA in Illinois it was much easier to do.

The driving lesson the stupid mare was telling me to stop looking over my shoulder so much, OK lady I have driven all over the world never had an accident and you are telling me, idiot lol...I passed
Good!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
I thought the CA driving test questions were quite hard and tricky actually, though still passed first time.

The driving test was a freaking nightmare just as I had some f---ker step out in front of me and I had to slam the brakes on, and thought I had failed. This was in San Clemente where the beach is and people dont even look to cross a street.

I didnt fail though. Presumably you have to kill someone to fail LOL.
Ive had a look at the practice tests online - some were indeed quite tricky! Its 30 years since my last test
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Isabel_7
Another option is getting a Californian ID from D.M.V. until such time as you get a driving license. I think you might even be able to get it the same day as you go in and apply for it. People are more used to seeing one of those than a Green Card.
What a good idea!!! I'll pop in tom to see if i can get one
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kar98
I think that guy was a hired stuntman. My tester sent me through a residential neighborhood and what do you know, a sight I had never seen before in that town: several children playing on the sidewalk, one bicycle, one ball, and a couple of adults on the porch. "Awww c'mon, admit it, the DPS hired these kids to play there, didn't you?" The tester didn't deny it, but smiled. Hmmm...
That sounds way too proactive for American bureaucracy though...