Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Internal flight ID quick q

Internal flight ID quick q

Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Internal flight ID quick q

hello
ive confused myself so someone can confirm or give advice

I have my Green Card now ()
Im taking an internal flight in a few weeks...my UK passport is in my maiden name, Green Card in married name

Husband says i only need Green Card as ID for internal flight. Green Card is in married name and he will book tickets in married name
Is he correct or do i need to book in maiden name, take passport as ID and marriage cert

any advice appreciated!!!!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internal flight ID quick q

You can use your greencard as ID or more commonly your state drivers license.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska
You can use your greencard as ID or more commonly your state drivers license.
Thank you - hmm husband was correct!!! I wont have taken my drivers test by the time we go so will use Green Card and book flight in married name

Appreciate your time!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 3:50 pm
obk
Just Joined

obk is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried to use my green card at IAH for an internal flight last year and was met by "What's this? What state is this from? [thinking it was a DL] I haven't seen one of these before." - he refused to accept it. Instead of confusing him even further with my corner-clipped (for renewal) DL I used my UK passport.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Avoid confusion and just use your state drivers' license.

Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes out of your schedule, including traveling to the DMV and back home, to get one
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:09 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Take your marriage cert with you, I used mine once when there was a bit of confusion
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obk
I tried to use my green card at IAH for an internal flight last year and was met by "What's this? What state is this from? [thinking it was a DL] I haven't seen one of these before." - he refused to accept it. Instead of confusing him even further with my corner-clipped (for renewal) DL I used my UK passport.
thanks so much for the heads up!!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kar98
Avoid confusion and just use your state drivers' license.

Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes out of your schedule, including traveling to the DMV and back home, to get one
Hi thanks for the advice. In CA I have to do a written theory test first then book a practical test. Im going to have a read of the handbook this week so at least get the theory out of the way - hopefully I'll pass

We are not going till 24 Aug so I might well have taken my practical test - and passed by then!!

I just want to cover all eventualities in case the driving ID doesnt work out time wise
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Take your marriage cert with you, I used mine once when there was a bit of confusion
Hi Poppy - im booked in my married name (same as green card) and will use that initially. Any issues I will have my UK passport in maiden name with marriage cert with me
thanks for the advice!!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
In CA I have to do a written theory test first then book a practical test.
Icky. I did it all in one go: vision, computer, car. "Written" test was on a computer, driving test was in the wife's car, a newish Toyota Matrix automatic. Seemed a safer bet than using my 87 VW Scirocco 5speed. It upsets people
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kar98
Icky. I did it all in one go: vision, computer, car. "Written" test was on a computer, driving test was in the wife's car, a newish Toyota Matrix automatic. Seemed a safer bet than using my 87 VW Scirocco 5speed. It upsets people
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:48 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
I hated the test here in CA in Illinois it was much easier to do.

The driving lesson the stupid mare was telling me to stop looking over my shoulder so much, OK lady I have driven all over the world never had an accident and you are telling me, idiot lol...I passed
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the CA driving test questions were quite hard and tricky actually, though still passed first time.

The driving test was a freaking nightmare just as I had some f---ker step out in front of me and I had to slam the brakes on, and thought I had failed. This was in San Clemente where the beach is and people dont even look to cross a street.

I didnt fail though. Presumably you have to kill someone to fail LOL.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
I thought the CA driving test questions were quite hard and tricky actually, though still passed first time.

The driving test was a freaking nightmare just as I had some f---ker step out in front of me and I had to slam the brakes on, and thought I had failed. This was in San Clemente where the beach is and people dont even look to cross a street.

I think that guy was a hired stuntman. My tester sent me through a residential neighborhood and what do you know, a sight I had never seen before in that town: several children playing on the sidewalk, one bicycle, one ball, and a couple of adults on the porch. "Awww c'mon, admit it, the DPS hired these kids to play there, didn't you?" The tester didn't deny it, but smiled. Hmmm...
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginblossom

The driving test was a freaking nightmare just as I had some f---ker step out in front of me and I had to slam the brakes on, and thought I had failed
. This was in San Clemente where the beach is and people dont even look to cross a street.

Certainly out of your control, right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.