Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Intelligent Design Theory

Intelligent Design Theory

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:10 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intelligent Design Theory

Originally Posted by camelot
As I've already stated, I'm no expert when it comes to scientific issues I only know snippets, like reading the book rincewood recommended. Science is a discipline and I haven't studied it properly so I can't treat it as thoroughly as I have on the other things I'm talking about. But that doesn't mean I have no respect I have huge respect. Sorry I'm not intelligent about it, and yes I don't deny that I have bias, although I would question its strength, I try to be objective, which is hard on a forum.

I'm very interested to know what beliefs you lost exactly?
i know, you've stated it several times, but you still insist on posting your opinion as fact, for example, with reagrd to love being unexplainable.

with regard to beliefs, all I lost is all which is demanded of me in CoE... a belief in Christ as the son of god, and a belief that such an amazing being would judge such an insignificant being for their behaviour.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:16 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Well actually cutina that post was directed at rincewind. But I haven't said things aren't explainable....I'm saying there's answers but people may not find them if they're relying solely on logic and reason.....

No I haven't put you as an individual into a box, far from it, I'm saying humans are much more complex and multi-faceted than that.....Like why can't a scientist believe ID? According to most of the posts on this thread you'd be a nut to believe ID but why does that have to be the case?
they can, and i never said otherwise!!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:16 pm
stara koka masna juha

Originally Posted by cutina
they can, and i never said otherwise!!!
people can believe what they like, just don't pretend that it is a science
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

camelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant future

i know, you've stated it several times, but you still insist on posting your opinion as fact, for example, with reagrd to love being unexplainable.

with regard to beliefs, all I lost is all which is demanded of me in CoE... a belief in Christ as the son of god, and a belief that such an amazing being would judge such an insignificant being for their behaviour.
What on earth are you driving at?, I haven't said anywhere that "love is unexplainable" I haven't stated one scientific opinion as fact.

Beliefs: So, did you lose religion or faith?

Last edited by camelot; Dec 13th 2005 at 9:21 pm. Reason: incomplete
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

camelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant futurecamelot has a brilliant future

people can believe what they like, just don't pretend that it is a science
fair comment.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:19 pm
stara koka masna juha

but what about the power of love? or the destruction of hate? there is no logic or reason most of the time to those two in particular, and what about the presence of the forces of good and evil? How does logic and reason grapple with those issues, because those are the issues of who we really are at our core...............
er, here on earth...
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4488328.stm

I found this quite interesting - he got bashed by quite a few scientists for it mind!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:26 pm
stara koka masna juha

Originally Posted by Big D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4488328.stm

I found this quite interesting - he got bashed by quite a few scientists for it mind!
I'm suprised about the bashing... but i'm sure he was expecting it. Good for him....I've always liked that guy, and i'm glad he's found a way to be happy
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:49 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong, the animals weren't created to be his companiions, if you read the entire scripture God is bringing the man to the animals to see if there are any suitable companion for the man, but they "had" already been formed. There turns out to be no suitable companion so then God makes Eve.

The issue of companionship comes after the creation (at least of the animals and Adam) not before.

Are you basing your interpretation on the animals sole purpose for existence as being companionship for the man?

The fact that God says "I will make" a helper doesn't trouble me too much because it's already clear that the animals are made. Maybe God already considered that the animals possibly might not have been suitable but he checked it out with the man first, to give the man the option?? God may already have been considering that he was going to have to make Eve or something else. That's reasonable.

I've given the details of my bible, you can go check it out at the bookstore, I have no reason to lie, or construe anything. If you want me post it word for word on here for everyone though I can do that to, if it helps, let me know.
We resolved this in your absence, but thanks for posting.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:52 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone fancy a pint?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:57 pm
stara koka masna juha

Originally Posted by rincewind
Anyone fancy a pint?
ABSOLUTELY! I'll have one...
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:59 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

ABSOLUTELY! I'll have one...
Ahem. I think you should all be buying me one! With this being MY party!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 10:01 pm
stara koka masna juha

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
sorry, CB, you are so right....
but is it normal for the host to leave the guests all alone for so long?

... for you
Old Dec 13th 2005, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sorry, but as a worshipper of the church of Egg, I am offended by that statement
Good one! ha ha ha karma to you
Old Dec 13th 2005, 10:28 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
What you havin' ?

It's my round.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.