Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Insurance Claims workers-thoughts on relevance of UK qualifications?

Wikiposts

Insurance Claims workers-thoughts on relevance of UK qualifications?

Old Oct 19th 2013, 11:24 am
Just Joined

jazzelle29 has a reputation beyond reputejazzelle29 has a reputation beyond reputejazzelle29 has a reputation beyond reputejazzelle29 has a reputation beyond reputejazzelle29 has a reputation beyond reputejazzelle29 has a reputation beyond reputejazzelle29 has a reputation beyond reputejazzelle29 has a reputation beyond reputejazzelle29 has a reputation beyond reputejazzelle29 has a reputation beyond reputejazzelle29 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Insurance Claims workers-thoughts on relevance of UK qualifications?

Hey there,

I currently work as an insurance claims adjuster in the UK -quite enjoy it and it pays the bills! I am moving to the Fargo area next March to get hitched.

I am in the process of getting my Certificate in Insurance through the CII. Looking at claims jobs in the US many mention having AIC qualifications as an advantage.

So: is it worth me getting my AIC? Will my CII quals have any clout Stateside?

Thinking of getting work in Claims handling/loss adjusting once in the States (I have a background in law enforcement and fraud investigation).

Also what is the deal about getting a State License? Although I'm moving to MN/ND I would like the option to apply for jobs on the west coast-how does one go about getting licensed?

Thanks for your answers!
Old Oct 20th 2013, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Samxboy has a reputation beyond reputeSamxboy has a reputation beyond reputeSamxboy has a reputation beyond reputeSamxboy has a reputation beyond reputeSamxboy has a reputation beyond reputeSamxboy has a reputation beyond reputeSamxboy has a reputation beyond reputeSamxboy has a reputation beyond reputeSamxboy has a reputation beyond reputeSamxboy has a reputation beyond reputeSamxboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance Claims workers-thoughts on relevance of UK qualifications?

The CII is recognized here in so far as the UK is an acknowledged center of excellence for insurance. Needless to say the bigger the company the more the relevance in terms of recognition. Smaller companies might not have so much awareness. The CII equivalent is the CPCU which many company transferees seek to gain. Operating in a claims adjuster role (ditto: any customer facing / sales role) will require a state license.