Old Jul 2nd 2012, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Mark Ridley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insurance

Hey guys, any good recommendations for the following insurance needs in MA:

1) joint life policy for my wife and me

2) pet insurance for 2 dogs

3) building and contents

Also, any tips on combined TV, Broadband, Phone packages?

Cheers
Mark
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 2:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance

Check AAA, membership is worth it for the other discounts anyway.

Also, see what your employer offers and also whoever you use for car/house/rental insurance, would get a better rate.

http://www.concordgroupinsurance.com/ We use them, they are pretty inept and shit tbh, but are good when you have to make a claim on the car at least.

Pet insurance, few threads talking about that, I don't know either way, but my impression was that it is a waste of money here.

The cable/phone package, well chances are you won't have a choice, so I wouldn't worry about it.

They're all shit anyway. Comcast is generally really shit and FIOS like to fleece you on extras but chances are, it'll be one or the other. Then there's satellite, but they're also a bit shit. Suppose it depends on how much sport you fancy, but they're all pretty much the same for basic services and around $150 a month all in, with all the taxes and equipment rental....the shit they don't tell you about in their advertised low prices.