Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Inspected by immigration officer?

Inspected by immigration officer?

Old Feb 14th 2002, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

khabibiuf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inspected by immigration officer?

Hi all,

Currently applying for AOS for my wife who is here on a K3 visa. Quick question. On some of the forms there is a question: "were you inspected by an immigration officer"? Does this mean that her passport/visa was looked at and she was OK'ed at the port of entry? Most/all people would answer yes to this question right? Or is this "inspection" they're talking about something totally different?

Thanks for the help.

khabibiuf
Old Feb 14th 2002, 7:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inspected by immigration officer?

Yes that is what it means.
Old Feb 15th 2002, 12:25 am
Onigiri

Thank you. "Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Yes that is what it means.

Old Feb 15th 2002, 3:05 am
Terry Moore-Rea

Yes - the brief "what is the purpose of your visit to the united states" etc. talk
you have with an immigration officer is the inspection. Basically anybody who entered
legally should answer yes to this question.

Terry Moore-Read

"khabibiuf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Currently applying for AOS for my wife who is here on a K3 visa. Quick question. On
    > some of the forms there is a question: "were you inspected by an immigration
    > officer"? Does this mean that her passport/visa was looked at and she was OK'ed at
    > the port of entry? Most/all people would answer yes to this question right? Or is
    > this "inspection" they're talking about something totally different?
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    > khabibiuf
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com