Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

INS photos!!

INS photos!!

Old Jul 4th 2002, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Maggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default INS photos!!

I am in the processing of doing my AOS...today I went to a "Mail boxes etc" to have the affidavit notarized as well as have my husband's pictures taken (he is a USC). However, the guy who took the picture did not cut it to the required size and assured me that "INS is very picky and will cut it to the required size." Can anyone assure me that this is okay. I would hate to get the whole package back because of wrong pictures. Please advise.
Old Jul 4th 2002, 6:20 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: INS photos!!

Maggie wrote:
    > I am in the processing of doing my AOS...today I went to a "Mail boxes etc" to have
    > the affidavit notarized as well as have my husband's pictures taken (he is a USC).
    > However, the guy who took the picture did not cut it to the required size and
    > assured me that "INS is very picky and will cut it to the required size." Can
    > anyone assure me that this is okay. I would hate to get the whole package back
    > because of wrong pictures. Please advise.
    >
I would not count on INS cutting them. Heck, the INS is in up to their eyeballs with
work, they don't have the time to get out the old Fiscars to cut a picture. I would
cut them to size, being sure to follow the specs. Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================