Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

INS applications

INS applications

Old Mar 29th 2003, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default INS applications

Does anyone know if applications to immigrate to the USA are taking any longer currently due to the situation in Iraq ?
Old Mar 29th 2003, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

brisray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: INS applications

Appararently there are delays with the immigration process, but these started straight after the attacks of September 11th 2001. This was because of two reasons. Right after the attack, practically everyone who was here illegally decided to legalize their status here, this created a huge influx of work for the INS. The CIA also now name checks everybody which added further delays.

According to a letter I received from the INS there is now a 10 month waiting list to have any immigration papers looked at. Although they said 10 months, it was only after six that I finally heard from them to get fingerprinted and I should get my permanent resident status with them someotime next week.

I haven't heard of any more delays caused directly by the war with Iraq.

Ray
Old Mar 30th 2003, 8:10 pm
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point

We just got issued our permenant visas on friday 03.28.03.

From start to finish, took us 4.5 months.

having said that from a British point of view the police check you require is being delayed at roughly 10 days, and this is due to the increase in screening. I ended up receiving mine 2 days before our visa interview - pheeww.

Mark and Debbie
Old Mar 30th 2003, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't hold your breath waiting. I am waiting on an I-765 which was submitted early September. They are supposed to adjudicate within 90 days and I am still waiting. They say on their website that processing time is 120 to 140 days, but I have been waiting 210 days and counting.

Depends what centre you are dealing with, as I know in my category California have not processed any application since October last year and last cases dealt with were submitted in August. However if I was dealing with Texas they are processing cases submitted in November.
Old Apr 1st 2003, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

There's been a freeze on the INS processing, my husband was told the other week, no reason given as to why, but they are 'unfrozen' now and begin to process again. There are always delays in the INS, but it seems to have become a little better since the overhaul after 9/11- one bureaucrat we know who works for the Dept says she has enough work right now (without accepting one more application) to keep her busy till retirement...not very encouraging LOL. But they have certainly speeded up somewhat this last 18 months- and they are more accessible. At one time you weren't allowed to make enquiries about your application at all, it would go against you, now you can check it online....brill.
Having said that- my husband was granted green card status 2 years ago, (us along with him) and he still hasn't received his actual card, although his passport is stamped- they keep getting his A number wrong and shelving it- they sent me two cards though within 6 months and my daughter got two as well (grin).
Old Apr 1st 2003, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Thanks

Thanks for all the tips and advice. Best of luck to all applicants, for what it is worth, our I 129 F went in on Feb 25th, and was approved 31st March, 34 days.