Reload this Page >

Innoculations

Innoculations

Old Jun 28th 2002, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

mikeputley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Innoculations

Hi,

I British, been in the USA for 18 months on an L1 just got my pack for the last stage of my Green Card and it lists a whole bunch of innoculations. Sheeeech I wish I'd known about these months ago I could have got started.

It infers that I might not need all of them but I'd like to be all set by the time I get to the interview/medical at the consulate in London. How do I know which ones that will expect and which they will not. I'd rather not have them all but I dont want to get their and find I am one missing.

Any advice?

Thanks

Mike
Old Jun 28th 2002, 8:20 pm
Joachim Feise

Default Re: Innoculations

mikeputley wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I British, been in the USA for 18 months on an L1 just got my pack for the last
    > stage of my Green Card and it lists a whole bunch of innoculations. Sheeeech I wish
    > I'd known about these months ago I could have got started.
    >
    > It infers that I might not need all of them but I'd like to be all set by the time
    > I get to the interview/medical at the consulate in London. How do I know which ones
    > that will expect and which they will not.

If you go through Consular Processing, the consulate will send you a list of the
required vaccinations with your Packet 4. You will have enough time to get the
vaccinations before the interview. The required vaccinations maybe different for each
country, and also depend on the age of the immigrant.

-Joe

Old Jun 29th 2002, 2:40 pm
vix
Forum Regular

vix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mike

Don't panic , your not expected to have all the vaccines listed , as far as i know your only required to have had the MMR and Td (adult form tetanus and diptheria )

Even if you get to the medical and find your missing some it's ok as they can be given whilst your there.

Hope this helps
Old Jul 1st 2002, 8:20 pm
Sylvia Ottemoel

mikeputley wrote:

> I British, been in the USA for 18 months on an L1 just got my pack for the last
    > stage of my Green Card and it lists a whole bunch of innoculations. Sheeeech I wish
    > I'd known about these months ago I could have got started.
    >
    > It infers that I might not need all of them but I'd like to be all set by the time
    > I get to the interview/medical at the consulate in London. How do I know which ones
    > that will expect and which they will not. I'd rather not have them all but I dont
    > want to get their and find I am one missing.
    >
    > Any advice?

What I have heard is that most working-age adults will get two shots, or perhaps
three: MMR (measles/mumps/rubella) and TD (tetanus/diptheria), and perhaps varicella.

If you want to check which immunizations you need, see
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/cs_va_2.pdf, particularly Table 1 and Table 3. For
some countries, certain vaccinations may be unavailable, for example, varicella in
the U.K., and the person is simply excused from having the vaccination.

Old Jul 24th 2002, 10:20 am
Travis Kirton

My wife is about to submit her fingerprints for residency...according to the INS, the
doctor she contacted, and our family doctor, she will need MMR, TD and varicella. She
already had MMR...she's going to get TD tomorrow from the local health department.
Varicella will have to be administered by the INS doctor (at a cost of $75 for the
vaccination alone).

Travis Kirton ([email protected])

"Sylvia Ottemoeller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    > mikeputley wrote:
    >
    >
    > > I British, been in the USA for 18 months on an L1 just got my pack for the last
    > > stage of my Green Card and it lists a whole bunch of innoculations. Sheeeech I
    > > wish I'd known about these months ago I could have got started.
    > >
    > > It infers that I might not need all of them but I'd like to be all set by the
    > > time I get to the interview/medical at the consulate in London. How do I know
    > > which ones that will expect and which they will not. I'd rather not have them all
    > > but I dont want to get their and find I am one missing.
    > >
    > > Any advice?
    >
    >
    > What I have heard is that most working-age adults will get two shots, or perhaps
    > three: MMR (measles/mumps/rubella) and TD (tetanus/diptheria), and perhaps
    > varicella.
    >
    > If you want to check which immunizations you need, see
    > http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/cs_va_2.pdf, particularly Table 1 and Table 3. For
    > some countries, certain vaccinations may be unavailable, for example, varicella in
    > the U.K., and the person is simply excused from having the vaccination.
    >

Old Jul 24th 2002, 4:20 pm
Rex Lustrous

You need to go shopping with all INS doctors in your area for this. In Boston area, I
found an INS doctor who charged a total of $25 per adult ( for 2 vaccines ). An INS
doctor in the town I live in quoted $150/adult for the same thing.

- Rex

"Travis Kirton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
newsFt%[email protected] m...
    > My wife is about to submit her fingerprints for residency...according
to the
    > INS, the doctor she contacted, and our family doctor, she will need
MMR, TD
    > and varicella. She already had MMR...she's going to get TD tomorrow
from
    > the local health department. Varicella will have to be administered
by the
    > INS doctor (at a cost of $75 for the vaccination alone).
    >
    > Travis Kirton ([email protected])

Old Jul 25th 2002, 8:21 am
Ingo Pakleppa

You don't have to use the INS-approved doctor; you can just go to your family doctor
or any other place that has these vaccinations.

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 01:35:32 -0700, Travis Kirton wrote:

> My wife is about to submit her fingerprints for residency...according to the INS,
    > the doctor she contacted, and our family doctor, she will need MMR, TD and
    > varicella. She already had MMR...she's going to get TD tomorrow from the local
    > health department. Varicella will have to be administered by the INS doctor (at a
    > cost of $75 for the vaccination alone).
    >
    > Travis Kirton ([email protected])
    >
    > "Sylvia Ottemoeller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> mikeputley wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> > I British, been in the USA for 18 months on an L1 just got my pack for the last
    >> > stage of my Green Card and it lists a whole bunch of innoculations. Sheeeech I
    >> > wish I'd known about these months ago I could have got started.
    >> >
    >> > It infers that I might not need all of them but I'd like to be all set by the
    >> > time I get to the interview/medical at the consulate in London. How do I know
    >> > which ones that will expect and which they will not. I'd rather not have them
    >> > all but I dont want to get their and find I am one missing.
    >> >
    >> > Any advice?
    >>
    >>
    >> What I have heard is that most working-age adults will get two shots, or perhaps
    >> three: MMR (measles/mumps/rubella) and TD (tetanus/diptheria), and perhaps
    >> varicella.
    >>
    >> If you want to check which immunizations you need, see
    >> http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/cs_va_2.pdf, particularly Table 1 and Table 3.
    >> For some countries, certain vaccinations may be unavailable, for example,
    >> varicella in the U.K., and the person is simply excused from having the
    >> vaccination.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >