Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Inland Revenue Form?

Inland Revenue Form?

Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of
Default Inland Revenue Form?

I know I've seen the answer to this question but can't find it with search. What form do I have to send to the Inland Revenue when I leave for the US?
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice
Default Re: Inland Revenue Form?

Originally Posted by RayM
I know I've seen the answer to this question but can't find it with search. What form do I have to send to the Inland Revenue when I leave for the US?
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/payetaxpayers/fagp50.shtml
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Form P85.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Form P85.
Oops. In my haste to be helpful, I pasted the wrong link. Can a mod please delete my previous post in this thread?

Correct info given by orangepants.

Last edited by steve100100; Jul 29th 2011 at 3:14 am.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of

Many thanks for the help.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:56 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

And an NRL1 if you are letting-out any UK property.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light

oops, when i left the UK i never filled in any IR forms
will that cause me any issues when i return in a few years?
Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulpur
oops, when i left the UK i never filled in any IR forms
will that cause me any issues when i return in a few years?
P85 won't, it's just a way to claim back over paid tax because you've left during the tax year and the amount you paid is based on paying that amount through out the year.

No idea about the NRL1 though.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light

ok thats cool about the P85 , and i dont need to worry about the NRL1 as i didnt have any property back in the UK , thank you for your help