Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Injury...who should pay?

Injury...who should pay?

Old Sep 14th 2007, 6:06 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Injury...who should pay?

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I broke my left arm at junior school when I leapfrogged over someone... I'm sure I went to the Emergency Department at the local hospital and my parents did not think of suing anyone for my injuries.
I'm not to sure what you are saying, what exactly is your point here?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:03 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
This is where the shit hits the fan....there was a paramedic assigned to the game that night, and the lady had in fact checked out Austins arm and told the coach it was just bruised.
What's that I smell? Oh, yes...it's the scent of litigation.

If you have a friend who is an attorney, enlist their services. You have some extra claims that could be coming your way.

Don't just accept their offer to pay your deductible/ co-pay here. They blew it big time, and they should be held accountable for what they've done to your kid, in part so that they don't do it to someone else's kid. Sounds as if you've been dealing with a bunch of dumb dolts who should get what they have coming to them...
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:45 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
What's that I smell? Oh, yes...it's the scent of litigation.

If you have a friend who is an attorney, enlist their services. You have some extra claims that could be coming your way.

Don't just accept their offer to pay your deductible/ co-pay here. They blew it big time, and they should be held accountable for what they've done to your kid, in part so that they don't do it to someone else's kid. Sounds as if you've been dealing with a bunch of dumb dolts who should get what they have coming to them...
I must admit, my wife and I are pissed big time. I really don't want to get tangled up into a big hairy litigation mess, but someone definitely needs to be held responsible...starting with the coach and medic, we shall see.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:58 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit, my wife and I are pissed big time. I really don't want to get tangled up into a big hairy litigation mess, but someone definitely needs to be held responsible...starting with the coach and medic, we shall see.
I would be too. I can't help thinking that a severe reprimand is needed more here than anything else. And a public apology. That way at least all the other parents know to look out for this particular coach and everyone else that was involved.

If you go for money, it is the school and the kids that suffer rather than the actually people who put your son through this.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:28 pm
Never right in the head!

[QUOTE=Ben;5312807]I would be too. I can't help thinking that a severe reprimand is needed more here than anything else.

QUOTE]

actually I was thinking of a little one on one time, with a blow torch and a pair of pliers.......would that be too savage of me
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

actually I was thinking of a little one on one time, with a blow torch and a pair of pliers.......would that be too savage of me
Nah, not at all, but it is a Garland coach we are talking about, I suspect, under the tough guy, up his own arse guise, there is a bloody big wimp.

You hold him down and let your wife go to work with some tweezers or wax around his nethers - have him crying like a girl in no time.

That or follow him for a while and catch him wearing his wifes clothes, and publish photo's, I suspect that is popular amongst the ever so macho in Garland
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:23 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
Nah, not at all, but it is a Garland coach we are talking about, I suspect, under the tough guy, up his own arse guise, there is a bloody big wimp.

You hold him down and let your wife go to work with some tweezers or wax around his nethers - have him crying like a girl in no time.

That or follow him for a while and catch him wearing his wifes clothes, and publish photo's, I suspect that is popular amongst the ever so macho in Garland
LOL

Waxing the ol' crack and the crown jewels would even bring tears to my eyes....

Catching him in his wife's sussies, would be a classic.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:36 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Yosser;5312899]
Originally Posted by Ben
I would be too. I can't help thinking that a severe reprimand is needed more here than anything else.

QUOTE]

By the way, have any of them that were involved called to check on your son? Or sent a card or anything?
Old Sep 15th 2007, 12:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The hospital said we had really good insurance, so that was a relief (I had only just got the medical insurance from work in August).

My first post, was really trying to find out if anybody else had been in this situation before and what the result was, not because I'm demand the school to pay or anything like that.
My niece and nephews, both active in high school and college sports, had to pay for their medical costs due to on field injuries. In soccer there are quite a few, i.e. knee surgery, etc.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 12:36 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit, my wife and I are pissed big time.
As you have every right to be. You have grounds for self-righteous offense aplenty with this one.

I really don't want to get tangled up into a big hairy litigation mess, but someone definitely needs to be held responsible...starting with the coach and medic, we shall see.
These things almost never actually go to court, they usually settle or end up in non-binding arbitration (which often provides a useful preview for what can be expected in court, so the offender often ends up accepting the result if you choose to take it.) It's the threat of litigation that you're working toward, not an actual court case.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Injury...who should pay?

Make a Formal Complaint to the School's Athletic Director, The Principal and the Superintendent about the Coach's Attitude and Negligence towards the care of your son and probably leave it at that.

In my job, I have to transport some of these "Major League" A-Holes around and their "I am God" routine doesn't work on me:curse:

Jim.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:53 pm
Never right in the head!

I barely have time to scratch my arse...the surgery went very well yesterday.

School has been terrific with the medical insurance, still haven't got hold of the coach yet (but I will).

gotta run...I daren't take 5.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I barely have time to scratch my arse...the surgery went very well yesterday.

School has been terrific with the medical insurance, still haven't got hold of the coach yet (but I will).

gotta run...I daren't take 5.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know how his is. Give him big ((((((hugs)))))) from us.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Yosser, I hope your son is doing ok now after surgery. Having just read through the entire thread you have every right to be pissed at the coaches, the school and a few people who were quick to comment about your response.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:40 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I broke my left arm at junior school when I leapfrogged over someone... I'm sure I went to the Emergency Department at the local hospital and my parents did not think of suing anyone for my injuries.
Did they leave you sitting on a bench for a few hours after you broke your arm, and did they stop your parents from speaking to you ??

Nah, didn't think so

muppet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.