Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Injured by UCLA lawnmower--any advice?

Injured by UCLA lawnmower--any advice?

Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:07 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Injured by UCLA lawnmower--any advice?

Originally Posted by Wintersong
So that's how you manage to be so damn gorgeous!

Ahhh Winter, you sussed me out from my many visits to Bel Air all the while pretending to visit Disneyland
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:09 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good girl

You're learning fast. Stick around with me and bored-silly for a bit longer and you'll be a chainsmoking bitch before too long

According to the other half I'm already a bitch so the chainsmoking I don't see as a problem
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:12 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
You know I thought about donating and bought a pack of fags instead
You need to change it to ciggies.......got me in a lot of trouble
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
I believe Walmart's version are called Fendy
Just wouldn't do then.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

It's two of them - the Whelans (look in Photopost). This particular post appears to have been written by Mrs Whelan. It was her husband Mark who suffered the indignity of being struck by an aluminium projectile, launched by a passing lawnmower.

Interesting... Mrs W. is apparently a USC. However, she calls it aluminium.
Well what else do you call an aluminum can?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:19 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Well what else do you call an aluminum can?
Aluminum. That's my point...
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:21 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

It's two of them - the Whelans (look in Photopost). This particular post appears to have been written by Mrs Whelan. It was her husband Mark who suffered the indignity of being struck by an aluminium projectile, launched by a passing lawnmower.

Interesting... Mrs W. is apparently a USC. However, she calls it aluminium.
What are you a f'ing detective? In this one she calls it aliminuim, which is neither one or the other, does she mean pertaining to Alumni and why do I care?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Aluminum. That's my point...
That's what you call it.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by literaryclinic
This happened last week..any thoughts would be gratefully received

He was disorientated and in considerable pain. At the Police department he received first aid and was advised to attend the hospital. He later visited the hospital with his wife (who had to take a half a day off work) and received treatment for a contusion and bleeding leg.

“I have suffered from a number of nightmares and found it painful to walk for over a week after the incident. I find myself becoming paranoid in open spaces due to the unexpected nature of the incident and have lost both mobility and confidence."

I have all the details from the driver, his boss, the hospital, the aliminuim..do I have a case? Where should I go from here?

put a plaster on it and get on with your life.............OR ......as from reading the post I get the message that the guy is going to dream up all kinds of pain and emotional distress this has caused him..........come to think of it from now till the day he dies he may be afraid of gasoline powered engines of all kinds.....WOW how much is that worth......start adding it up......every night in his dreams he sees lawnmowers attacking him hmmmmm thats gotta be worth 50k alone........get a grip.......thats the reason why insurances asr so high over here.........I guess as you posted this on here and it is read available for the insurance agency to see that you may now be collecting ZERO....
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:24 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
That's what you call it.
I call it aluminium. Americans call it aluminum. She called it aluminium. Right up until the point where she lost the plot and, as Gruff pointed out, called it aliminuim.

I'm just trying to work out whether this is a deliberate wind-up or a serious thread. I'm hedging on the side of deliberate wind-up at the moment.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:27 pm

I call it aluminium. Americans call it aluminum. She called it aluminium. Right up until the point where she lost the plot and, as Gruff pointed out, called it aliminuim.

I'm just trying to work out whether this is a deliberate wind-up or a serious thread. I'm hedging on the side of deliberate wind-up at the moment.
I'll bet you a $9 note.....
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:28 pm
ImHere

I'm a helpful, caring kind of person who is always willing to give medical aid whenever necessary.

Meet you at eight?

Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:30 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by ImHere
Meet you at eight?
Sure. I'm almost finished with the herpes medication. I'll see you then
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:31 pm
ImHere

Sure. I'm almost finished with the herpes medication. I'll see you then
Great. My Syphilis is nearly gone.

Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:32 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by ImHere
Great. My Syphilis is nearly gone.
Great! It's a shame my Mum's wasn't when I was born, but you can't have everything I guess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.