Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Injured by UCLA lawnmower--any advice?

Injured by UCLA lawnmower--any advice?

Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:51 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Injured by UCLA lawnmower--any advice?

Originally Posted by ImHere
Its hereditary....nothing to woryy about. I find a good BJ once per day helps.
I'm a helpful, caring kind of person who is always willing to give medical aid whenever necessary.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:52 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
The aluminium projectile came with a rusty nail. Didn't you read it properly?

Pffft. Some people.
Read what?...I just make things up...was I close then
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by literaryclinic
This happened last week..any thoughts would be gratefully received

At 2.42 pm outside the student facilities centre on the UCLA campus Mark was struck on the left calf by an aluminium projectile with a rusty nail that had been catapulted from a UCLA general services lawn mower driven by Luis Rendoiv. The projectile in its trajectory pierced and passed through his bag and struck the back of his left calf damaging it and a pair of Fendi jeans. In excruciating pain and shocked by being struck, Mark was assisted by a witness who informed him what had caused the injury and whence it came from. She identified the piece of aluminium that was lying on the adjacent path and pointed to the lawnmower. In shock and unable to walk, Mark, hopped to the aluminium projectile and then attracted the attention of the driver, who apologised (after Mark showed him his injury: a bleeding and badly bruised leg) and reluctantly gave him his details. Despite being unable to walk, the driver did not offer any assistance or first aid.
Mark hopped to the student facilities building and asked for assistance, he was provided with an ice pack and something to clean the wound. A phone call later a friend who works on campus came to collect him and drove him to the receive first aid. He was disorientated and in considerable pain. At the Police department he received first aid and was advised to attend the hospital. He later visited the hospital with his wife (who had to take a half a day off work) and received treatment for a contusion and bleeding leg.

“I have suffered from a number of nightmares and found it painful to walk for over a week after the incident. I find myself becoming paranoid in open spaces due to the unexpected nature of the incident and have lost both mobility and confidence."

I have all the details from the driver, his boss, the hospital, the aliminuim..do I have a case? Where should I go from here?

Find a good psychiatrist?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Its hereditary....nothing to woryy about. I find a good BJ once per day helps.
I would imagine you would. However, isn't it quite expensive to get it once a day?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:58 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I did ...he went mad
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The aluminium projectile came with a rusty nail. Didn't you read it properly?

Pffft. Some people.
The case is solved! The aluminum can did it, with the rusty nail as a backup.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:01 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I imagine one of her neighbours is a psychiatrist and a plastic surgeon (to take care of the offending scar) as she lives in Bel Air. Dime a dozen round that neighbourhood.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:02 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

The case is solved! The aluminum can did it, with the rusty nail as a backup.
Ah! Poirot! Sheer genius!

Maybe we should start a collection to buy the poor, benighted soul a new pair of Fendi jeans?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:03 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
I imagine one of her neighbours is a psychiatrist and a plastic surgeon (to take care of the offending scar) as she lives in Bel Air. Dime a dozen round that neighbourhood.
So that's how you manage to be so damn gorgeous!
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I thought it was a he? I'm confused.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Maybe we should start a collection to buy the poor, benighted soul a new pair of Fendi jeans?
What are Fendi jeans, and can I buy them in my local Wal Mart?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:05 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

You know I thought about donating and bought a pack of fags instead
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:05 pm
Open All Hours!

What are Fendi jeans, and can I buy them in my local Wal Mart?

I believe Walmart's version are called Fendy
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:06 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

I thought it was a he? I'm confused.
It's two of them - the Whelans (look in Photopost). This particular post appears to have been written by Mrs Whelan. It was her husband Mark who suffered the indignity of being struck by an aluminium projectile, launched by a passing lawnmower.

Interesting... Mrs W. is apparently a USC. However, she calls it aluminium.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:07 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

You know I thought about donating and bought a pack of fags instead
Good girl

You're learning fast. Stick around with me and bored-silly for a bit longer and you'll be a chainsmoking bitch before too long

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.