Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Info required on Driving license for TX on B1 in lieu of H1

Info required on Driving license for TX on B1 in lieu of H1

Old Apr 19th 2012, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

AddyLaddy has a spectacular aura aboutAddyLaddy has a spectacular aura aboutAddyLaddy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Info required on Driving license for TX on B1 in lieu of H1

Sorry to hear that your visa application was rejected.

We did the B1 in Lieu of H1B back in 2002 and didn't have to visit the Embassy. But I had to travel out before my family, as they rejected my children's visas as they needed proof the school they were attending was 'real'.

We rented out our house in the UK during that period, so I guess that was a tie and also the contract was for one year only.

H1B or L1 transfer are much better options.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:21 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that How long is your husband's contract for - is it defined?
The whole reason I'm a USC is that my Mum was able to travel with my Dad when she was pregnant with me (she flew over at 36 weeks!! We all flew back to the UK when I was less than 6 months old)

Hopefully you'll have more luck with another representative at the embassy. Sometimes you just get unlucky and catch people in a bad mood and unfortunately, what they say goes.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Emmas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

Thanks for your replies

Hubby is employed and paid by the UK.

Going to Houston office to build the business, the length of time isn't specified. As long as it takes to get the customers in, contracts set up, and processes in place. I've suggested (which I saw on a diff thread here) he put together an itinerary for week by week for the first say.. 16 weeks.

Hubby has another app at the Embassy (on his own this time) May 14

Em x
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:03 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmas
Hey,

Thanks for your replies

Hubby is employed and paid by the UK.

Going to Houston office to build the business, the length of time isn't specified. As long as it takes to get the customers in, contracts set up, and processes in place. I've suggested (which I saw on a diff thread here) he put together an itinerary for week by week for the first say.. 16 weeks.

Hubby has another app at the Embassy (on his own this time) May 14

Em x
Unfortunately, that could be your sticking point. They like to see companies investing in America rather than exporting work back to a different country. It's a problem that my company has personally had to deal with wrt visa's and has made it difficult for me to bring across a couple of very specialized employees whom I'd have dearly liked to bring across to help grow this office (and we have a Houston registered company too). They can get very defensive if they think the money is going back to the UK.

I'm by no means an immigration expert but have they considered having your husband set up a Houston office as opposed to trying to get a visa to bring in work from America to the UK office. They difference may seem menial but it does make a difference.

Good luck!!
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Emmas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bink
Unfortunately, that could be your sticking point. They like to see companies investing in America rather than exporting work back to a different country. It's a problem that my company has personally had to deal with wrt visa's and has made it difficult for me to bring across a couple of very specialized employees whom I'd have dearly liked to bring across to help grow this office (and we have a Houston registered company too). They can get very defensive if they think the money is going back to the UK.

I'm by no means an immigration expert but have they considered having your husband set up a Houston office as opposed to trying to get a visa to bring in work from America to the UK office. They difference may seem menial but it does make a difference.

Good luck!!

Oh... I wasn't clear

The Houston office is open and they have 1 large USA customer already. They want my hubby to go to USA to win business for USA office. If he does that it will create more jobs for Americans.

Not that my hubby had a chance to explain that!

Em x