Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

indian restaurant

indian restaurant

Old Aug 27th 2009, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: indian restaurant

Originally Posted by Manc
if he just wants a traditional English carry out chippy,

anywhere with lots of singles and apartments or a University town.

where people don't want to cook or grab a bite to eat when the bars are closed.

somewhere like Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti for example.

but I still think it is a none starter to be honest......

places like Buffalo Wild Wings and the like will be very hard to compete with........... especially those places where you can down pints and eat at the same time.
I agree Manc, but if he's determined to do it and wants to live near his sister then I thought Canada might be the better option...but Ann Arbor/Ypsi or even Lansing might work...if he does more research!!
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Sprouts being the volatile object in question.

Why Michigan? Chicago would love a good fish and chip shop...
I've considered opening a Pie and Pasty shop in somewhere like Wicker Park
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave2702
You can find pasties in MI. The cornish brought them over when they emmigrated in the early 1900s to mine http://www.dobberspasties.com/v2/:)
Old Sep 1st 2009, 4:23 am
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dave2702
I would come visit... if you could get a proper chippy though you'd see me whenever I could come!

To the OP - do it in MI near the IL border. Do it soon. Make it a proper UK style chippy, and I will ensure it is economically viable. If you could combine a good English Indian restaurant with the fish and chip shop, I will ensure it is profitable. If you also sell sprout dishes, I shall ensure a 15% IRR into perpetuity...