Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

indian restaurant

indian restaurant

Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

jakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nice
Default indian restaurant

Hi i would like to open an indian restaurant or fish and chip restaurant in michigan i know why michigan but my sister lives there anyway what do you think would do better the fish restaurant would do grilled,poached or fried fish.As for the indian restaurant i have been several times to US and could not find an good indian restaurant.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:20 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: indian restaurant

Originally Posted by jakedamuss
Hi i would like to open an indian restaurant or fish and chip restaurant in michigan i know why michigan but my sister lives there anyway what do you think would do better the fish restaurant would do grilled,poached or fried fish.As for the indian restaurant i have been several times to US and could not find an good indian restaurant.
While I've never been to Michigan or know anything about it, I do know that the Michigonians do love a bit of fish. So much so that there are fish restaurants pretty much on every street corner, the proximity to the great lakes guaranteeing a strong and continuous supply.

Now there's one thing that Michigoinians do crave and that is vitamin C, The long, harsh, dark winters mean that natives can become seriously depleted, and access to fresh vegetables can be difficult. This is where you come in. Now, as a prospective restaurateur you don't need me to tell you how vitamin C packed vegetables such as the sprout play a huge and starring role in basic home cooking in the subcontinent. A good location coupled with a sound marketing strategy could see your exotic offering with sprout-centered menu take off big time.

The only remaining question is will you offer a delivery services across state lines?
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

jakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nice

Thanks for the reply that makes alot of sense.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:15 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Have you not considered the fact that there are no indian restaurants in Michigan as there is no market for one.

What Detroit area does need is a decent bar to watch football at on a Saturday / Sunday morning.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

You need to figure out the immigration issues first because by the sounds of your other posts you won't be able to open a business here for about a decade. I wold also urge caution. There is a reason why you can't find certain types of restaurants. Most new restaurants that open end up closing within a couple of years, it's a very competitive and difficult industry that is very different to the UK. If you can afford to lose all the money you put in then try when you can legally do it. If you can't afford to lose it all then you may want to think again.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
You need to figure out the immigration issues first because by the sounds of your other posts you won't be able to open a business here for about a decade. I wold also urge caution. There is a reason why you can't find certain types of restaurants. Most new restaurants that open end up closing within a couple of years, it's a very competitive and difficult industry that is very different to the UK. If you can afford to lose all the money you put in then try when you can legally do it. If you can't afford to lose it all then you may want to think again.
I will be going through E2 Visa route. So no decade wait for me
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:58 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

then I'd pick a business that wasn't so volitile.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:00 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Sprouts being the volatile object in question.

Why Michigan? Chicago would love a good fish and chip shop...
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

What Detroit area does need is...
levelling I'd have thought
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

True, but with such a risky venture (if you get a visa because it is risky) you could be out of the country within a year. Again, if you can afford to lose all the money that you will tie up, do it. If not then you really have to think.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

We had an Indian restaurant near us when I was in Michigan....it closed down within 6 months due to lack of customers. Apart from us, no one wanted Indian food.
I'd go with the fish and chip shop
Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:45 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
We had an Indian restaurant near us when I was in Michigan....it closed down within 6 months due to lack of customers. Apart from us, no one wanted Indian food.
And did they have a sprout-based menu?

Thought not. Case closed.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
And did they have a sprout-based menu?

Thought not. Case closed.
You're right...no sprouts on the menu that i can remember!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 5:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

When you say Sprouts ... do you mean bean spourts Yuck or brussel sprouts Yum?
Old Aug 26th 2009, 5:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
When you say Sprouts ... do you mean bean spourts Yuck or brussel sprouts Yum?
brussels for the wee stinky bloke in the corner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.