Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

india visa survey

india visa survey

Old Aug 27th 2002, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default india visa survey

If you have received or are in the process of obtaining your visa thru an Indian Embassy, please take the time to fill out this survey by using the yahoo mail account set up for it.

For the time being, the best way i could think of for gathering this information was to open a e-mail account to collect it.

It is an open account can be accessed by all.
It is a Yahoo account
[email protected][/email]
Password--goodluck

For sake of anonymity it is suggested that you put the survey in the "draft" folder. There is a copy of the survey in the inbox. Read the welcome letter in the inbox before responding, the directions for leaving your responses are there. Please, only Indian responses. Answer all questions, any n/a's will be given RFE's

If anybody out there could set this information on a webpage it would be appreciated.

Here is a copy of the survey, a copy is in the inbox also and you will be directed by the "welcome" letter on how to leave your response.

SURVEY FOR VISA APPLICANTS THROUGH AN INDIAN EMBASSY/CONSULATE

1. Consulate used?
2. Which Visa Applied for (i.e. K-1/K-3)?
3. Month and Year of Interview?
4. Give name of American Consular Officer that interviewed the beneficiary?
Give name of Indian person who pre-screened the beneficiary the day of interview?
If you do not know the name, give physical description.
5. Was US petitioner present in India for the first interview?
If there was a second interview, was the US petitioner present for the second interview?
Was the Embassy aware that they were there? Were they also interviewed?
6. Was an attorney involved in your case? Was a Congressional liaison involved? Was a Senator involved? At what point were they asked for assistance?
7. What sex was the Indian beneficiary (male/female)?
8. Is the US petitioner of Indian decent? Was there parental consent? Were letters confirming this supplied in the application?
9. Were there pictures of the engagement/wedding party included in the application? Were they asked for?
10. Had the beneficiary ever applied for another US visa prior to this?
11. Had either party been divorced ? How long ago?
12. Is there an age difference? How much? Which was the older?
13. Is there a difference of Religious persuasion? Was this questioned at the interview?
14. What was the outcome of the first interview? Visa given? 221(g)? Administrative review? Other?
15. If applicable (221(g) and Administrative review cases), mark how your OF-94 was written out, using the below as a template. Be specific in stating what additional(other) information they asked for.
[ ] Section 212 (a)(4) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone likely to become a public charge.
[ ] Section 212(a)( ) __________________________________________
[ ] Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of visa to
anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 , as amended.
[ ] Further consideration will be given to your visa application upon the presentation of the following :
[ ] Medical reports of ___________________________________________
[ ] Three color photographs (see reverse) of _____________________
[ ] Birth Certificates (see reverse) of __________________________
[ ] Certified copy of the Alien Registration Card (Green Card) of __
[ ] Notarized Affidavit indicating that ___________________ is physically present in the united states.
[ ] Credible evidence of adequate financial support.
[ ] Other:
16. Was the beneficiary verbally told what they were lacking? Did they have this with them at the first interview?
17. How were the told to proceed from there? Was the OF-94 (form example above) marked with a new appointment date? Were they told to just come when they had gathered the “missing� information? Were they told to call? Were they told they would be notified?
18. How long after the first interview did the second interview occur?
19 What were the results of the second interview?
Were they reinterviewed? By whom? Was the “missing� information reviewed by the interviewer?
20. If the case was under Administrative Review, do you have evidence that the Consulate did this review? (i.e. Was a home visit conducted?)

Add further comments here:
Old Aug 27th 2002, 2:35 am
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: india visa survey

Tara, bless your heart. I am dealing with China so it doesn't affect me, but I have read postings from others.

NAIL THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!!!

-Don H
Old Aug 30th 2002, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

MD has made contact with Theodore Andrews with the DOS. And he has agreed to look at Mumbai. Good job.

Do the survey! either here or at:
www.yahoo.com
account name indiavisasurvey
password goodluck

This is your oportunity to be heard by someone other than all of us.

MD should collect all of this information to turn in to Mr. Andrews.

You may also wish to contact him yourself.
Mr Theodore Andrews. He is at the India desk with
the DOS Bureau of South Asian Affairs under Christina Rocca
www.state.gov/p/sa/ Mr.Andrews phone number is (one or both of these)
202-647-2140 202-647-1112
His email is [email protected]

Action is always better than complaining. Do it.

Best wishes,
Old Aug 30th 2002, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point

TAra:

Just filled my survey out. One thing to note--the survey will be saved (re-saved) each time you click on "save draft" so only click once and your draft will be saved. If you click twice and two versions are saved, please make sure that you delete earlier versions. Thanks.

MD
Old Aug 30th 2002, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mdmd101:
TAra:

Just filled my survey out. One thing to note--the survey will be saved (re-saved) each time you click on "save draft" so only click once and your draft will be saved. If you click twice and two versions are saved, please make sure that you delete earlier versions. Thanks.

MD
Good job, again,
i will go into the account take them out of draft and sort them into folders. There will be fiance and spouse folders.

Goodluck,