Reload this Page >

Independence Day

Independence Day

Old Jul 5th 2005, 11:51 am
ImHere

Default Re: Independence Day

Originally Posted by emmals
no carrots?
, no it was meat and one veg....we were full from the donuts.

Old Jul 5th 2005, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
*drool*.....krispy creme and dunkin...........mmmmmmm
Old Jul 5th 2005, 12:03 pm
ImHere

*drool*.....krispy creme and dunkin...........mmmmmmm
Oh dunkin's for me everytime...$10 for a 50 bag of cinnamon dunking donut balls. Ahhhhhh lard anyone?

Old Jul 5th 2005, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dunkin's for me everytime...$10 for a 50 bag of cinnamon dunking donut balls. Ahhhhhh lard anyone?
boston creme and cinnamon and apple spice
Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:35 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I do and I'm a Yank, Happened to be able to attend Bonfire Night when we were spending a week in Looe. It was nice!
I love Cornwall, and spent many a childhood holiday in Looe ... of course, there were a lot of toilet-level jokes from my little brother....
Old Jul 5th 2005, 2:03 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkshire_lass
I really enjoyed the fireworks and fair down at Pearl Harbour tonight. I had to make my son change out of his T shirt that had the England flag on the front though - but probably needn't have bothered, after what I have read here most of the americans wouldn't have been insulted and my son had little concept of it - it just happened to be what he was wearing. However, I have to disagree with what one poster said about most British youths not knowing what bonfire night is about. I was a history teacher in an English high school prior to coming here and the curriculum includes the origins of bonfire night in year 8 (age 12-13) At my school we tended to do a lot about it because they found it so interesting. I think most Brit kids know a bit about who Guy Fawkes was if they listened in school.

My American husband finds it funny that I might think that Americans would be insulted by my son wearing the UK flag on his T shirt to 4th July celebrations. He thinks most americans don't think of it in those terms and he is probably right. However, he is still mistaken in thinking that me, as a Brit, might find it hard to celebrate the US gaining independance, as though I might be bitter about it???!! Lets face it - it was way before my grandfather's father was even and twinkle in anyone's eye..... why would I have any personal feelings? Yes it is true that the War of Independence is not genreally taught in British high schools, but that is due to time constraints on teaching time and the fact that there was so much else going on at the time - eg. French Revolution and its repercussions, British industrial revolution, and the slave trade was still big business, not to mention the Jewel in the Crown was India anyway.

Anyway, 4th of July here in Hwaii was GREAT! and we had a wonderful time! Best fireworks I ever saw
You shouldn't have worried, my daughter wore her Union Flag t-shirt on our first Independence Day here and no one batted an eyelid. We were at a big community 'do' with loads of activities and hundreds of americans in attendence, not one person had a problem with it.

I was surprised to see that the origines of Bonfire night is not taught until Year 8. I tell my kids evey year what it's all about. It's staggering to think how many people just don't talk to their kids or explain what the heck is going on in the world Why do so many people believe that they can leaving all the teaching stuff to the teachers alone??
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:00 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
....It's staggering to think how many people just don't talk to their kids or explain what the heck is going on in the world Why do so many people believe that they can leaving all the teaching stuff to the teachers alone??

Because people are lazy parents and cant be arsed. Its always someone elses problem when their little dears are acting like shits too, either the teachers or the police or society's faulty but never theirs oh no, no, no. I honestly think people should be tested and licensed before they can have kids, perhaps then there'd be less hooligans and chavs wandering around.

Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Because people are lazy parents and cant be arsed. Its always someone elses problem when their little dears are acting like shits too, either the teachers or the police or society's faulty but never theirs oh no, no, no. I honestly think people should be tested and licensed before they can have kids, perhaps then there'd be less hooligans and chavs wandering around.
but then who would we pick on?
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:07 pm
ImHere

but then who would we pick on?
erm, good point. I guess society needs the Chav types to give everyone else a sense of moral superioty and someone to aim at.

Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

erm, good point. I guess society needs the Chav types to give everyone else a sense of moral superioty and someone to aim at.
precisley....got to look down our noses at someone....that way we don't see our faults
Old Jul 5th 2005, 5:32 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

precisley....got to look down our noses at someone....that way we don't see our faults
Well I haven't got any faults
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:47 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a cop then?
Old Jul 6th 2005, 2:58 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
You shouldn't have worried, my daughter wore her Union Flag t-shirt on our first Independence Day here and no one batted an eyelid. We were at a big community 'do' with loads of activities and hundreds of americans in attendence, not one person had a problem with it.
Same reaction here. I even flew the Union Jack on our boat round Boston all weekend and really no one gives a stuff. Lots of ribbing and friendly banter but I can't believe that anyone thinks the Americans are remotely anti English at any time of year.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:22 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Are you a cop then?

One hundreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed and eightttttttttttttty
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:23 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
One hundreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed and eightttttttttttttty
Senior member is apt then.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.