Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Incorrect info on I-512 (Advance Parole)

Incorrect info on I-512 (Advance Parole)

Old Aug 27th 2002, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

sly_950 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Incorrect info on I-512 (Advance Parole)

Hi all,

Some info again from Charlotte, NC. I requested advance parole(using form I-131) on June 30th, receipt dated July 16th and I just received it (I-512 for travel) and it's dated Aug 21st (1 month and 5 days, pretty much as advertised).
Something went wrong though and for my birthplace on the I-512, they entered my dad's birthplace... Everything else is correct, I assume they read the birth certificate wrong (which has my dad's and mom's info on it).
Is this big deal? What should I do? I'm afraid to go through the whole thing again if I send it back to Charlotte...

Thanks,
Sly.
Old Aug 27th 2002, 10:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Incorrect info on I-512 (Advance Parole)

Originally posted by sly_950:
Hi all,

Some info again from Charlotte, NC. I requested advance parole(using form I-131) on June 30th, receipt dated July 16th and I just received it (I-512 for travel) and it's dated Aug 21st (1 month and 5 days, pretty much as advertised).
Something went wrong though and for my birthplace on the I-512, they entered my dad's birthplace... Everything else is correct, I assume they read the birth certificate wrong (which has my dad's and mom's info on it).
Is this big deal? What should I do? I'm afraid to go through the whole thing again if I send it back to Charlotte...

Thanks,
Sly.
It is always wise to have it correct but Charlotte is running 6 -8 months for AOS interview. Will you be traveling before that time? Is your passport from a different country? If so then if you are in the neighborhood perhaps you can walk in again to have it corrected.

Rete
Old Aug 27th 2002, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

sly_950 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again Rete!
Yes actually we'll be travelling pretty soon, our honeymoon will be in december and it involves a ship and a few islands . I'm not exactly in the neighborhood of Charlotte though (3 hour drive) and yes my passport is from a different country. How about sending it through the mail to have it corrected? Is it wise?

Originally posted by Rete:

It is always wise to have it correct but Charlotte is running 6 -8 months for AOS interview. Will you be traveling before that time? Is your passport from a different country? If so then if you are in the neighborhood perhaps you can walk in again to have it corrected.

Rete
Old Aug 27th 2002, 11:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sly_950:
Thanks again Rete!
Yes actually we'll be travelling pretty soon, our honeymoon will be in december and it involves a ship and a few islands . I'm not exactly in the neighborhood of Charlotte though (3 hour drive) and yes my passport is from a different country. How about sending it through the mail to have it corrected? Is it wise?
Of course you can mail it in. I would be sure to make a few copies for myself before doing it though. Also include a copy of the birth certificate and highlight the correct information and if you have a passport a copy of the front page with your citizenship highlighted. If Charlotte has a special PO box for advance paroles address it to that address. If not mark in red on the outside of the envelope Advance Parole.

Rete

PS We don't want you to miss that belated honeymoon