Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Inbetweeners Movie

Inbetweeners Movie

Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

polar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the rough
Default Inbetweeners Movie

This is released today in USA, supposedly. Anyone know where it's showing? Probably not here in South Texas but would not mind seeing it as part of a weekend away somewhere.

Strangely there doesn't seem to be a website where you can enter a film and your Zip Code and it tells you the nearest showings. Gap in the market there for someone!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 10:45 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inbetweeners Movie

Originally Posted by polar_bear
This is released today in USA, supposedly. Anyone know where it's showing? Probably not here in South Texas but would not mind seeing it as part of a weekend away somewhere.

Strangely there doesn't seem to be a website where you can enter a film and your Zip Code and it tells you the nearest showings. Gap in the market there for someone!
Moviefone normally works OK for me - can't see it listed yet

http://www.moviefone.com/search/The%20Inbetweeners
Old Nov 25th 2011, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

srefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of light

I'm assuming you've not seen the movie before?
Do you watch the TV series?

If you find the gross and childish humour in it funny (I do! ) then you will enjoy the movie, as it's basically a long episode, with even more vulgarity in it (assuming the US version isn't censored in a different way to the UK version).

If you are thinking there will be any serious kind of plot, storyline or expecting to see a movie making masterpiece, you might be disappointed!
Old Nov 25th 2011, 11:20 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I found the Inbetweeners funny to begin with, but it wasn't long before the narrow formula began to grate with me - same jokes being repeated over and over again. Far better comedy (and comedy/drama) to come out of BBC Bristol - Teachers, Skins etc. Somehow I don't think Inbetweeners lives up to that standard. I think I'll give the movie a miss.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

It varied from dead to predictable to hilarious throughout for me. Not movie of the year but worth seeing.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 5:52 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by polar_bear

Fandango.com