Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Import Car from Canada

Import Car from Canada

Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

pcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the rough
Default Import Car from Canada

Hi all,

I currently live in Canada and looking at a possible company move across the board to the US.

Got a whole bunch of questions which have been answered by reading up on the site, so that has been great.

But if I did move I would want to take my car, has anybody done this and is it an easy thing to do???

Cheers,

P
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Import Car from Canada

I know a few Canadians who have brought vehicles with them when they moved to the US and it didn't appear to be too difficult.

At least some of the details will depend on which state you are moving to.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Import Car from Canada

Some of it depends on State...a lot of it depends on cars, if there is a US version of the car it'll be easier, but just because there is a US version doesn't mean the Canadian one is the same.

There's been a few threads in the past about moving cars from Canada, pretty old though but you might get lucky and find them.