Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

immigration & visa consultants

immigration & visa consultants

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Floridalover is an unknown quantity at this point
Question immigration & visa consultants

I have received an email from a consultant group called AMICON. I am a bit wary about them but am desperate to live and work in USA. They said they can sponsor husband and I for employment visa. Any advice or experience with them ?
Old Aug 27th 2002, 4:11 am
Just Joined

adamandfiona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: immigration & visa consultants

Originally posted by Floridalover:
I have received an email from a consultant group called AMICON. I am a bit wary about them but am desperate to live and work in USA. They said they can sponsor husband and I for employment visa. Any advice or experience with them ?
I am an American and my wife is British, I have a strong legal background and applied to work with a company located in Marble Arch whilst living in London. My wife thinks it was called New Horizons, but I think it was something like ********. One of the ways you can enter the United States for settlement is through sponsorship but there are many conditions that need to be met , do you have an advanced degree or is the service you are going to perform something that an American can't do? Those are basic guidelines. I would need further details about the company and what you are expected to do. The job I was offered was to charge about 5000 pounds in total for something that someone could do themselves for 250pounds. Basically besides legitimate work sponsorship there is only two ways, one is to invest here, they want a million pounds, with some exceptions whereby you invest in very rural and deprived State, this scheme does not require you to live in that area, but still requires a substantial investment. The other is marriage or having immediate family here in the States and the length of waiting is based on how immediate the relative is.

To add insult to injury, if someone was denied the specific Visa, we were told to suggest Austrilia or Canada!!! E-Mail me privately and I will help you as much as I can.
Old Aug 30th 2002, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

star is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: immigration & visa consultants

Originally posted by adamandfiona:

Hi Adam
I was impressed with some stuff you replied to Flos mail. There are some stuff i'm nterested to chat to you about - so if possible can you send me a private message and i will respond to you
Thanx. Look forward to hearing from you.
Star

I am an American and my wife is British, I have a strong legal background and applied to work with a company located in Marble Arch whilst living in London. My wife thinks it was called New Horizons, but I think it was something like ********. One of the ways you can enter the United States for settlement is through sponsorship but there are many conditions that need to be met , do you have an advanced degree or is the service you are going to perform something that an American can't do? Those are basic guidelines. I would need further details about the company and what you are expected to do. The job I was offered was to charge about 5000 pounds in total for something that someone could do themselves for 250pounds. Basically besides legitimate work sponsorship there is only two ways, one is to invest here, they want a million pounds, with some exceptions whereby you invest in very rural and deprived State, this scheme does not require you to live in that area, but still requires a substantial investment. The other is marriage or having immediate family here in the States and the length of waiting is based on how immediate the relative is.

To add insult to injury, if someone was denied the specific Visa, we were told to suggest Austrilia or Canada!!! E-Mail me privately and I will help you as much as I can.
:PARTY:
Old Aug 30th 2002, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

adamandfiona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: immigration & visa consultants

Originally posted by star:
:PARTY:

I tried to send you a PM, but the system states that you do not accept private messages. You can e-mail me on [email protected] or send me a private message. Since I wrote that I have had a few private messages from people that have paid thousands and thousands of pounds and are no better off than they were when they started. One person has been paying for four years and nothing! I am sure one day one of these services will come out here and attempt to legitimise their service(s).

I never intended to cuss these services and my only goal was to help these folks out, but the more I think about it the more it bothers me. If people want something, they will give you their last dime to get it, they will borrow, lie, cheat, and steal if they want something bad enough. If you have a right to emmigrate because you meet one of the conditions, then they are just filling out papers which are quite simple. Marriage, Investment, Employment, Students, Extended Visitors, Immedaite Relative (husband, wife, brother, sister, mom, dad, child), the more immediate the relative, the less the waiting time is. Green-Card Lottery, Assulym (UK is not currently eligible for Green Card Lottery) Ireland is... I mean once you figure out what condition you meet, then you can focus your energy on proving your claim, if you may.

Take Care,

Adam