Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Immigration medical

Immigration medical

Old May 11th 2006, 8:25 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration medical

Just remembered while reading another thread about Health Insurance that I got my health insurance to pay for about 2/3rds of my Immigration medical costs. I had to complete a claim form from the insurer as my GP advised I couldn't claim any costs through the doctors office. The costs were paid to the doctors office who refunded them to me.
Old May 11th 2006, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration medical

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Just remembered while reading another thread about Health Insurance that I got my health insurance to pay for about 2/3rds of my Immigration medical costs. I had to complete a claim form from the insurer as my GP advised I couldn't claim any costs through the doctors office. The costs were paid to the doctors office who refunded them to me.
Are you here in the US on an employer related visa? If so, is that employer the one who is subsidizing your health insurance and if that's the case, the employer may be picking up the tab for the immigration medical because you're coming to work for them in the States.

Please clarify.
Old May 11th 2006, 8:59 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Are you here in the US on an employer related visa? If so, is that employer the one who is subsidizing your health insurance and if that's the case, the employer may be picking up the tab for the immigration medical because you're coming to work for them in the States.

Please clarify.
Nope...I came here on a VWP...married my US husband and his company health insurance paid.
Old May 11th 2006, 9:04 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Woa that would be good as we were told by hubby's work we would have to pay $500 each for the permanent residency application medical. Don't have a doc yet but do have health insurance. Do you know what the medical covers female wise do I have to have a gyn exam? Hate them
Old May 11th 2006, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Nope...I came here on a VWP...married my US husband and his company health insurance paid.
That is bizarre IMHO...
Old May 11th 2006, 9:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Woa that would be good as we were told by hubby's work we would have to pay $500 each for the permanent residency application medical. Don't have a doc yet but do have health insurance. Do you know what the medical covers female wise do I have to have a gyn exam? Hate them
Hubby's company covered all our costs. The medical for our GC 9 years ago was x-rays and shots, can't remember anything else.
Old May 11th 2006, 9:10 pm
Junior Showtime

No gyn thank god lol but lots of bloodwork, x-rays and a tetanus injection.
Old May 11th 2006, 9:10 pm
Junior Showtime

Originally Posted by Celsius
That is bizarre IMHO...
and this would be because.....
Old May 11th 2006, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hubby's company covered all our costs. The medical for our GC 9 years ago was x-rays and shots, can't remember anything else.
I took along a record of our daughters shots that she had in the UK.
Old May 11th 2006, 9:15 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

I had the bloodwork (i cant remember what exactly it all was, i know main one is HIV), had the skin TB test (no xrays) and had to get tetnus and MMR jabs since i didnt have my medical history with me. Think it cost about $200 with the injections.
Old May 11th 2006, 9:15 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

OH thank you and Jerseygirl Can now breathe easier. But for $500 wanted a full MRI scan!!
Don't know what it is here but when you walk into that room and see those stirrups I think torture :scared: (they look like that as well!) In UK never saw them.
Old May 11th 2006, 9:21 pm
Junior Showtime

OH thank you and Jerseygirl Can now breathe easier. But for $500 wanted a full MRI scan!!
Don't know what it is here but when you walk into that room and see those stirrups I think torture :scared: (they look like that as well!) In UK never saw them.
This is TMI ....but wait till you get into those bloody things the total humilation that is US ob Gyny lol...check please
Old May 11th 2006, 9:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

This is TMI ....but wait till you get into those bloody things the total humilation that is US ob Gyny lol...check please
The stirrups don't bother me......its the way you have to shuffle right to the end of the couch that's weird.
Old May 11th 2006, 9:33 pm
Junior Showtime

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The stirrups don't bother me......its the way you have to shuffle right to the end of the couch that's weird.
PMSL!!! and men think they got it bad pshaw!
Old May 11th 2006, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

PMSL!!! and men think they got it bad pshaw!
Yeah, all they have to do is bendover and have a finger inserted. Wonder what they'd do if the 'instrument of torture' was stuck anywhere near their ***.

$500 is about right if you get shots done at the docs. If you do need shots, call a public health clinic and ask how much it costs. Chances are that they're half of what you would pay at the docs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.