Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Immigration Changes ???

Immigration Changes ???

Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

kel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to behold
Default Immigration Changes ???

I am not into politics and even less into American politics - I am just curious how many of you think there will be major immigration changes when the new government is elected.
Issy
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Changes ???

It depends on who gets in. McCain - I'm glad we already started green card filing (part of the reason we already did it actually). Clinton - can't imagine any changes will affect me, or at least not adversely. Obama - not sure yet.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

kel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to behold

We got our greencard app in for the same reason we had the option to change employers for considerably more pay but would have to restart to whole process after being with them for 12 months and we dare not take the risk I was curious to see how many others felt the same....
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

When we lived in The Netherlands I almost got my Dutch passport as I was so worried that the UK would get kicked out of the EU! Being a guest in any country gets too worrisome after a while. Better to be safe than sorry.