Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Immigration change

Immigration change

Old Aug 3rd 2017, 12:37 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration change

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That's one of the weirdest statements I've seen on BE and I've been around for a long long long time!

This whole concept of women marrying other women solely to keep them in the US is the craziest thing I've ever read! What kind of a twisted mind would come up with this stuff????
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 12:38 pm
Banned

albanks2542 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You sir, are a waste of skin. When you were born, the doctor should have slapped your mum!

Ian
And how would you feel if your son did that and he wasn't gay but he is pretending to be even if only for a short time.

Last edited by albanks2542; Aug 3rd 2017 at 12:49 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 12:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
This whole concept of women marrying other women solely to keep them in the US is the craziest thing I've ever read! What kind of a twisted mind would come up with this stuff????
I bet it has been done in new york in particular
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 12:51 pm
Banned

Not quite the same thing but close don't you think?

The sham marriage app helping China’s gay community fool society by matching grooms and brides | The Independent
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 1:04 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albanks2542

No, it is not the same thing. Of course there is a history in less enlightened times of a man marrying a woman and vice versa in order to help to keep a same sex couple together, but you have been harping on about straight women marrying each other in order to keep one party in the US, which is a total product of your apparently warped mind.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 1:08 pm
Banned

No, it is not the same thing. Of course there is a history in less enlightened times of a man marrying a woman and vice versa in order to help to keep a same sex couple together, but you have been harping on about straight women marrying each other in order to keep one party in the US, which is a total product of your apparently warped mind.
My son met girls in new york over the years who were neurotic enough to do it he reckons.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 1:22 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

My son met girls in new york over the years who were neurotic enough to do it he reckons.

"He reckons"? No foundation in fact, then.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 1:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

"He reckons"? No foundation in fact, then.
He's presumably not cute enough for the girls either.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 2:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not wishing for my son to abuse the sacrament of marriage to live in another country and pretend to be gay in the process?

So you would be ok with your son pretending to be gay when he is really straight and entering into a sham marriage with a straight english guy in order to live in London? You could reconcile the abuse of holy matrimony with Christian/Catholic values. Not to mention the laughing stock your son and family would be if it ever came out what he had done and why he had done it.
It would depend on all the reasons why, and all the story behind it. And even if I did not agree with the motives he would still be my son and I would never turn against him, I would respect his decision.

Unless you walk in someone's shoes do not judge them, for you do not now their story.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leepne
President Trump and two GOP senators are announcing a new plan to drastically cut legal immigration into the United States.

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPoli...0618481636302/

Currently live, but will show full video when finished.
I can't it see it becoming law. He couldn't get even a very watered down repeal of the ACA passed because of opposition of a handful of Republican lawmakers. A great deal more of them oppose this as do a number of large companies with big budgets set aside for lobbying lawmakers.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Not to mention the laughing stock your son and family would be if it ever came out what he had done and why he had done it.
Ah - and now we come to the real crux of your argument. You don't give a shit about what actually happens... your concern is that you would become a laughing stock.

Here's news for you: you're already a laughing stock in these forums... so it's too late.

And how would you feel if your son did that and he wasn't gay but he is pretending to be even if only for a short time.
I would be totally okay with it.

Ian
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 3:52 pm
Banned

Ah - and now we come to the real crux of your argument. You don't give a shit about what actually happens... your concern is that you would become a laughing stock.

Here's news for you: you're already a laughing stock in these forums... so it's too late.

Ian
I wonder if your marriage would survive a lie detector maybe get my son's friend to arrange one for you.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 3:54 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

I wonder if your marriage would survive a lie detector maybe get my son's friend to arrange one for you.

Just when we think your premises couldn't get any more stupid -- bingo! You outdo yourself!
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 3:56 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for proving my earlier point.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.