Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Immigrant Visa Branch Packet Questions

Immigrant Visa Branch Packet Questions

Old Sep 9th 2002, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

RJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really nice
Question Immigrant Visa Branch Packet Questions

Hello and thanks in advance for anyone who's bothered to read this and help out.

I'm currently in the Fiancee Visa chain, with my American Fiancee having her petition approved two weeks ago.

Two days ago, I got a set of papers from the Immigranrt Visa Branch in London. It contains ...

(a) IV15 Jun02 : 2 x 2 Double sided A4 Pages entitled "Additional Instructions for Applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa to marry and reside in the United States

(b) DS-2000 : 1 x Double sided A4 Sheet entitled "Evidence which may be presented to meet the public change provisions of the law."

(c) I-134 : 1 x Double sided A4 Sheet (plus an additional A4 sheet of instructions). **THIS IS AN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT SHEET, WHICH MY FIANCEE HAS ALREADY SENT IN HER PACKAGE AND PROVIDED ME WITH A CERTIFIED (AND NOTARISED) COPY**

(d) DS-156 : 2 COPIES Each Double sided A4 page long. Entitled "NonImmigrant Visa Application"

(e) DS-156K : 1 x Single sided A4 page.

(f) DS-230 : 1 x Double sided sheet, there is PAGE 1 of 4, then PAGE 2 of 4 on the reverse, **BUT CRUCIALLY THER IS NO SECOND SHEET SAYING PAGE 3 of 4 and PAGE 4 of 4.**

(g) Another copy of DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application.

*** Therefore***

Is a copy acceptable to attend the interview with a duplicate I-134, providing I send a covering letter stating that the original was sent with my US fiancees packet ?

Do I need to contact the Embassy to request page 3 and 4 of DS-230 as listed (f) above, or am I supposed to have a third copy of DS-156 ???

If necessary is there a number to call which will be able to sort things out, which doesn't charge £1.00 / minute and will actually tell me the answer to what I want to know ?

I am hoping to visit my fiancee in October, but have heard that travelling overseas whilst the application is being process invalidates the application and we'd have to start over again.

What Immunisations do I need to get from my Doctor to make sure I am up to date at interview and so do not have to pay though the nose for an on the spot injection there ??

Any other helpful advice greatly received !!