Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Im Young, Eager to Move to New York.

Im Young, Eager to Move to New York.

Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:53 am
Just Joined

JayBox is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Im Young, Eager to Move to New York.

Hi guys, seeking advice on experienced people who have had the balls to move lives.

I have got back from a holiday in New York 2 weeks ago, and i loved it so much, that I am planning on moving there before I'm 30. I am currently studying a Diploma in Media at college and i have full GCSE's. After my Media course I am planning on either taking an education in Graphic Design further, or going straight to getting an internship at somewhere in that field of work in the UK or the US.

I would love to know what to do to make it as easy as possible and make my dream of living in New York a reality, any help is appreciated
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:15 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im Young, Eager to Move to New York.

Originally Posted by JayBox
Hi guys, seeking advice on experienced people who have had the balls to move lives.

I have got back from a holiday in New York 2 weeks ago, and i loved it so much, that I am planning on moving there before I'm 30. I am currently studying a Diploma in Media at college and i have full GCSE's. After my Media course I am planning on either taking an education in Graphic Design further, or going straight to getting an internship at somewhere in that field of work in the UK or the US.

I would love to know what to do to make it as easy as possible and make my dream of living in New York a reality, any help is appreciated
makes a change from bloody Florida

before you do anything else, read this:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:16 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
makes a change from bloody Florida

before you do anything else, read this:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
beat me to it
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:18 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Save everyone the fingerprints.

Thinking about it...

Moving to america

Moving to the US, what are my options?

Need advice on how to get out to USA

Converting UK law to USA

REALLY, READ ME: Want to Live & Work in the US?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:19 am
Just Joined

thanks guys. Since i posted that i have been reading up on some US Department of State site or something, and, from what i read, getting "sponsored" would be the best way of doing it. am i right?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:20 am

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys. Since i posted that i have been reading up on some US Department of State site or something, and, from what i read, getting "sponsored" would be the best way of doing it. am i right?
You'd be better off reading those links seriously
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:24 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else jobhunting?

The smell of lay-offs in the air ...
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:28 am
Just Joined

yeah thanks for all the links, sorry for making you guys to repeat yourselves. I do have one question (or 2)

1. would it be easier to move after uni?

and

2. please say graphic design is a speciallity that is needed in america
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:30 am

yeah thanks for all the links, sorry for making you guys to repeat yourselves. I do have one question (or 2)

and

Before Ray says it, find a bird mate.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:34 am

and

You're not paying attention.
And here I was trying to save you the pain. Whatever comes, you were warned!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:36 am
Just Joined

its very early (2:36am) and i am just going to bed, and i was going to read through all the links you guys gave me tomorrow, but i just wanted to know the answer to those 2 questions
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:39 am

its very early (2:36am) and i am just going to bed, and i was going to read through all the links you guys gave me tomorrow, but i just wanted to know the answer to those 2 questions
Ok I'll bite, do they do a PhD in graphic design?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:41 am
Just Joined

i doubt it! lol

so from what you guys are saying and what ive read in the links.. i may as well give up hope. so thanks guys for telling me to give up before i really got caught up in my thoughts and told myself i WILL move there (Y)
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:43 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

may as well give up hope. so thanks guys for telling me to give up before i really got caught up in my thoughts and told myself i WILL move there (Y)

That's right! We're all the reason for your failure.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:44 am

i doubt it! lol

so from what you guys are saying and what ive read in the links.. i may as well give up hope. so thanks guys for telling me to give up before i really got caught up in my thoughts and told myself i WILL move there (Y)
Just re-read post #9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.