Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm a wimp. Homesick

I'm a wimp. Homesick

Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:22 am
Banned

frodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to all
Default I'm a wimp. Homesick

Been here 2 years, hate every minute. Luck has it that I get back for a week every 3 months. Anyone else wish they were back HOME?
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:25 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm a wimp. Homesick

Originally Posted by frodsham
Been here 2 years, hate every minute. Luck has it that I get back for a week every 3 months. Anyone else wish they were back HOME?

(sigh)

I believe there is a few of us...

Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

where bouts in the US are ya?

And wishing I'm home, errr...not particularly...well couldnt' care either way, though i would have a job if I were though.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:31 am
Banned

frodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bob
where bouts in the US are ya?

And wishing I'm home, errr...not particularly...well couldnt' care either way, though i would have a job if I were though.
Hi. Live in state of mad, bad drivers, although that could apply to 50 states. I live in Cal
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Live in state of mad, bad drivers, although that could apply to 50 states. I live in Cal

Hiya. There are a couple of people on BE who lived in Vicars X. I have been here for 10 yrs, first 2 yrs were dreadful, but then it started to get better. Do you still have a home in Frodsham? Used to take my dogs to the vets there.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:05 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Luck has it that I get back for a week every 3 months.
That's more than a lot of folks on here, so thank your lucky stars.
Personally I find that I'm always homesick (or at least missing things from home anyway) - you just have to keep yourself busy enough to keep it in the background - as soon as you sit still it'll be just waiting there to kick you in the knackers.
At the same time I also know that this is prob the right place for me right now.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
That's more than a lot of folks on here, so thank your lucky stars.
Personally I find that I'm always homesick (or at least missing things from home anyway) - you just have to keep yourself busy enough to keep it in the background - as soon as you sit still it'll be just waiting there to kick you in the knackers.
At the same time I also know that this is prob the right place for me right now.

Yes I totally agree with everything you have said Davy.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

It helps coming here to get a dose of Brit humour, cynicism and...well from some posters just a dose

Welcome to BE
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes I totally agree with everything you have said Davy.

I also think that the older you are when you move here the harder it is to settle and put your past life behind you. Davy you are young and have your whole life ahead of you so I say go for it, see and experience as much as you can before you get tied down, live the American dream you can always go home. Good luck Davy, I hope it all works out for you.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:13 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you hate life in CA. You should try living elsewhere in the US. CA is certainly not like other states and CA should not be an indicator of life elsewhere in the country.

NC Penguin
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Rompers
It helps coming here to get a dose of Brit humour, cynicism and...well from some posters just a dose

Welcome to BE
Something else I agree with. I wish I had something like BE to fall back on 10 years ago. Just to know that most people go through the same emotions as me is sooooo reassuring.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Maybe you hate life in CA. You should try living elsewhere in the US. CA is certainly not like other states and CA should not be an indicator of life elsewhere in the country.

NC Penguin

Yeah you should try Joizey.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:18 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rompers

Welcome to BE

Not to mention all the dirty and/or risque talk Can't do that with Septics - they think it's obscene
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:22 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Davy you are young and have your whole life ahead of you
I'm thirty-bloody-one ffs - hardly a spring chicken anymore
(though i do look about 25 and act about 17 )
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Elvira
Not to mention all the dirty and/or risque talk Can't do that with Septics - they think it's obscene

Obscene on BE? No, never, not here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.