Reload this Page >

I'm visiting Bombay consulate, any advice

I'm visiting Bombay consulate, any advice

Old Nov 12th 2002, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm visiting Bombay consulate, any advice

Dear members:

For those who are uninformed about my situation--My wife is a beneficiary of an I-130 petition, the consulate interviewed her and asked for ridiculous stuff like my prior wedding albums, etc. We provided all of the stuff the consulate requested. Thereafter, she was given a letter that said--"your case is in administrative processing, we'll contact you." This letter was given on August 26th. Since then, the consulate has neither contacted my wife nor me. They haven't responded to my million faxes and e-mails.

I'm going to Bombay on November 16 and will try to talk to the Consul to finalize my case.

Has any of the US citizen petiitoner members gone to meet with the Consulate in Bombay? Did they give you a hearing? If yes, how did you get an appointment? Any input or guidance will be helpful. Thank you

MD
Old Nov 14th 2002, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I'm visiting Bombay consulate, any advice

Originally posted by mdmd101
Dear members:

For those who are uninformed about my situation--My wife is a beneficiary of an I-130 petition, the consulate interviewed her and asked for ridiculous stuff like my prior wedding albums, etc. We provided all of the stuff the consulate requested. Thereafter, she was given a letter that said--"your case is in administrative processing, we'll contact you." This letter was given on August 26th. Since then, the consulate has neither contacted my wife nor me. They haven't responded to my million faxes and e-mails.

I'm going to Bombay on November 16 and will try to talk to the Consul to finalize my case.

Has any of the US citizen petiitoner members gone to meet with the Consulate in Bombay? Did they give you a hearing? If yes, how did you get an appointment? Any input or guidance will be helpful. Thank you

MD
Don't you mean Mumbai???
Old Nov 14th 2002, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm visiting Bombay consulate, any advice

Originally posted by suebo
Don't you mean Mumbai???
Ya, Mumbai/Bombay are one and the same city. The Brithish name was Bombay, the new Indian name is Mumbai.