British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I'm off to Sweden tomorrow... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/im-off-sweden-tomorrow-191488/)

Rockgurl Nov 17th 2003 7:53 am

I'm off to Sweden tomorrow...

...and my ticket cost me £1! Yay for Ryanair! Off to say farewell to the ex and our little doggy before I head to the USA. Sweden is one of my most favorite places in the world...anyone been there?

Dufus Nov 17th 2003 9:29 am

Enjoy your trip, but must say I would not fly anywhere to say Good Bye to an ex.

A phone call at best is what they deserve, but maybe you are much nicer than me.

dudleydowg Nov 17th 2003 5:04 pm

Enjoy the snow it will be the last you see of it for a while

Yosser Nov 17th 2003 5:52 pm

Re: I'm off to Sweden tomorrow...

Originally posted by Rockgurl
...and my ticket cost me £1! Yay for Ryanair! Off to say farewell to the ex and our little doggy before I head to the USA. Sweden is one of my most favorite places in the world...anyone been there?
Have fun Rockgurl...

I haven't been to Sweden, but yonks ago my parents took me to Norway, great place but REALLY expensive.

Rockgurl Nov 17th 2003 6:53 pm

Cheers m'dears. I've been to Sweden about a dozen times, and also to Denmark and Norway, and although they're expensive, they're incredibly beautiful, fascinating and cultured countries. I remember once in Norway paying £20 for two cokes, a coffee and two sandwiches! I think I choked on that meal! ;)

Actually, I'm really good friends with the ex, and it's a wonderful thing to maintain a good friendship. I think it shows that we're two well-adjusted and sane adults :D

Yosser Nov 17th 2003 7:22 pm

Cheers m'dears. I've been to Sweden about a dozen times, and also to Denmark and Norway, and although they're expensive, they're incredibly beautiful, fascinating and cultured countries. I remember once in Norway paying £20 for two cokes, a coffee and two sandwiches! I think I choked on that meal! ;)

Actually, I'm really good friends with the ex, and it's a wonderful thing to maintain a good friendship. I think it shows that we're two well-adjusted and sane adults :D
I agree outstanding scenery, I would love to take the missus on a trip through the Fjords in Norway (not sure if spelt right) maybe in a few years time.

Its been 17 years since I've been there, and pint in Oslo was 4 quid. (not that I was drinking, cause I was only 13 at the time)....all I was interested in was the beautiful Norweigen girlies
;)

Dufus Nov 17th 2003 7:22 pm

I think it shows that we're two well-adjusted and sane adults
That would be why I never managed that then.

Seriously though have an excellent trip.

Pat the dog for me :)

Yosser Nov 17th 2003 7:26 pm

This is it

1 Attachment(s)
a ferry trip through the Fjords...matthews turkey roast..."Its bootiful".

Bookworm Nov 17th 2003 10:45 pm

Oh, I am sooo jealous! I lived in Sweden, Stockholm, for the past 11 years and consider it almost my homecountry. Since I came to NY I realize how much I miss Sweden. Its politeness, its cleanliness, the northern climate, snow and the food. I'm dreaming about salmon and swedish cheese and yoghurts and the hard bread "knackebread".
I'm trying to get over there myself for some time in January.
Enjoy!!!

Webbie Nov 18th 2003 1:36 am

"Pining for the fjords.....?!!"
http://www.rdanderson.com/features/bday/parrot.jpg

waxwabbit Nov 18th 2003 2:06 pm

Hey rocky (Cue music as you run up stairs)

Are ya being careful with those tickets? You know they r notorious for not including this tax, and that tax, one way only, and to return is expensive etc

?