Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm in London and feel safe

I'm in London and feel safe

Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm in London and feel safe

Originally Posted by Englishmum
LOL.....I've just arrived back in NJ....managed to bag those coveted emergency exit seats on BA!

Sadly in the last few hours I've learned that two very good expat friends are leaving the US: one family is leaving for a new posting in Abu Dhabi - they sold their house in one week despite only learning that they were moving three weeks ago....they will be gone on August 26th and the husband has already started his new job there. My very best mate here will be getting her US citizenship imminently and returning to the beautiful Gold Coast in her native Australia in November. I feel bereft. I always feel a bit down after returning from the UK and visiting my mum and siblings so this latest news is a bit of a blow.

I can't even get a cuddle from my husband - he's in Sri Lanka right now with a group of volunteers from his company building houses with Habitat for Humanity for the Tsunami victims, I haven't seen him for 3 weeks but I fully support the cause.
sad news about your friends. You really need friends when your so far away from family, especially us girls. I've spent all week phoning my UK friends which is lovely but it does make you feel lonely. I haven't found anyone out here that I am as close to. The closest US friend I had has just moved to San Diego.

How was your trip overall to the UK?
Old Aug 10th 2005, 5:31 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm in London and feel safe

welcome back Englishmum. So tell us all about your trip? How was it?