Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm going to be an American citizen!

I'm going to be an American citizen!

Old Feb 21st 2018, 3:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm going to be an American citizen!

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I had not realized that cake was a spectator sport.

And if it is I am sceptical that you'd be any good at it!
Cake isn't a sport at all. It's a way of life.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 3:45 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Cake isn't a sport at all. It's a way of life.
Cake Life.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

BigK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
Wow..that's a much better timeline. For some reason they wouldn't give me the decision on the day of my interview. I must have looked shady! It's looking like a total time of 11 months from start to finish. I was anticipating 3 or 4.
It boils down to the officer. In my case I submitted everything and was very thorough, however, the interviewing officer did not fully validate my travel records prior to the interview (he even admitted to that). So, since i had a lot of travel, he said I will be fine but he needed to check on my travel before he can make a decision.
I knew there was a swearing in ceremony the same day, so I pleaded for him to take 5 minutes to validate my travel records. He was nice so said fine. He asked me to sit outside and came out 10 min later and handed me the approved decision.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

It's been mentioned on other forums that the ability to approve on the spot depends on multiple factors, particularly that the interviewer is a supervisor level person and not a more junior officer, and whether they've had a chance to review the application before the interview.

My N-400 application is pending as well, but I'm a December 2017 applicant so I don't expect anything to happen until later in the year.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sun_burn
My N-400 application is pending as well, but I'm a December 2017 applicant so I don't expect anything to happen until later in the year.
I'm a November 2017 applicant. Did the biometrics pretty sharpish, now just trying to forget about it for a while.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 10:01 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

They lost the folder/binder containing at our ceremony so they couldn't proceed.
It was all rather awkward.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 11:59 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
They lost the folder/binder containing at our ceremony so they couldn't proceed.
It was all rather awkward.
The dodgy dossier?