British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I'm going to be an American citizen! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/im-going-american-citizen-909332/)

Rockgurl Feb 17th 2018 12:00 am

I'm going to be an American citizen!

I finally got my oath ceremony notice. On March 1st I will become an American citizen after 15 years! I cannot believe it's finally happening. I filed the N400 in April of 2017 so it's taken quite a long time to process but it's really going to happen. I just wanted to share because I've been on this forum since 2001 when I first started this journey and you've all been integral. Thank you for all the incredibly helpful information and support through the years. You're a godsend and a wealth of information. I couldn't have done it without you. :starsmile::thumbup:

Nutmegger Feb 17th 2018 12:15 am

Re: I'm going to be an American citizen!

Congratulations! Where will your ceremony take place?

BigK Feb 17th 2018 12:18 am

Nice. Looks like the process has slowed down a bit. We got our interview within 6 months, and luckily the oath ceremony was the same afternoon in the courthouse, downstairs from the interview location. So we interviewed, had lunch, and got sworn in. Very exciting, and congratulations!

Nutek Feb 17th 2018 12:43 am

Congrats. :)

robin1234 Feb 17th 2018 12:51 am

Congratulations Rockgurl

:welcome:
:drinkwine:

Noorah101 Feb 17th 2018 12:56 am

Congratulations!

Rene

BenK91 Feb 17th 2018 2:02 am

Congratulations :)

scrubbedexpat099 Feb 17th 2018 3:03 am

USA!

Pulaski Feb 17th 2018 3:12 am

Congratulations, and welcome aboard! :britflag: ..... Is that the right flag to wave? :unsure:

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12443975)
USA!

Shouldn't there be at least three of those? :lol:

scrubbedexpat099 Feb 17th 2018 3:14 am

USA

USA?

robin1234 Feb 17th 2018 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12443979)
Congratulations, and welcome aboard! :britflag: ..... Is that the right flag to wave? :unsure:

Shouldn't there be at least three of those? :lol:

Yeah I was looking for a US flag :thingy: but didn't find one so went for that "drowning in a glass of (French) red wine" instead ....

NYer Feb 17th 2018 1:08 pm

Very nice! Congrats.

Rete Feb 17th 2018 1:19 pm

Great news on getting the oath ceremony date. We'll throw you a party on the 1st of March to celebrate. :thumbsup:

lansbury Feb 17th 2018 5:47 pm

Double the chance of your team winning at the Olympics. :nod:

I'll save the congratulations until you're sworn in and you are an official member of the dualies club.

Mercury39 Feb 18th 2018 2:58 am

Woot - Congrats!

We finally submitted today. Curious, did you file back in April 2017 by mailing in the form or online submission? (We just filed online) Someone commented recently that they thought online submissions were getting processed faster, so maybe we'll see!