Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm glad my kids don't go to a UK school

I'm glad my kids don't go to a UK school

Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:03 pm
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm glad my kids don't go to a UK school

I read this and it made me sick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...er/6174989.stm

Britain's problem with hooliganism and bullying is turning the schooling system into a nightmare.

In this case, the parents of the girl doing the bullying joined in too and killed the bullied girl's parents by burning the bullied girl's house down.

Right now, I am so thankful that we moved to the US and my kids don't have to go the chaotic UK schools (If you can get into one, that is).

What's going on over there????
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:11 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm glad my kids don't go to a UK school

Originally Posted by ali_j

Britain's problem with hooliganism and bullying is turning the schooling system into a nightmare.

In this case, the parents of the girl doing the bullying joined in too and killed the bullied girl's parents by burning the bullied girl's house down.

Right now, I am so thankful that we moved to the US and my kids don't have to go the chaotic UK schools (If you can get into one, that is).

That's a bit of a generalisation. My kids schools are great.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:12 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Another case of taking one news case and applying it as the norm.............. of course there are never shootings or madmen on the rampage in the US school system........................... Columbine and about half a dozen since?!?!
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:14 pm
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Another case of taking one news case and applying it as the norm.............. of course there are never shootings or madmen on the rampage in the US school system........................... Columbine and about half a dozen since?!?!

I don't think that changes the case that bullying is a serious problem in the UK right now.

This news report is horrific.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:17 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that changes the case that bullying is a serious problem in the UK right now.

Which schools exactly?
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:17 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, but the title of your thread implies that the this only happens in the UK
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:20 pm
Pom tiddly pom

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Which schools exactly?
this report mentions ones in Camberley and Wythenshawe (near Manchester?)

The headmaster of the school in which this girl was being bullied insists she was happy and had lots of friends...
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:21 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, but the title of your thread implies that the this only happens in the UK

Give him time. My guess is he's not been here long...
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:22 pm
Pom tiddly pom

I realise it happens all over, but I have more concern for the UK I guess because I went to UK schools and I care about the standard of education there.

I don't want it to descend into these terrible reports of physical abuse.

I find it terrifying right now when I walk through town centers after dark, when I visit the UK, because of the violence I've seen every time, the shouting, the drunkeness, and this is in relatively small towns, at around 8pm.

It feels to me like a trend that is getting worse, and feeding over into schools.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:27 pm
Banned

I realise it happens all over, but I have more concern for the UK I guess because I went to UK schools and I care about the standard of education there.

I don't want it to descend into these terrible reports of physical abuse.

I find it terrifying right now when I walk through town centers after dark, when I visit the UK, because of the violence I've seen every time, the shouting, the drunkeness, and this is in relatively small towns, at around 8pm.

It feels to me like a trend that is getting worse, and feeding over into schools.
I don't know I've been away 20 years, but I've never had a problem when I visit. I have 3 sisters and 10 nieces and nephews in the UK, never hear of anything terrifying happening to them.
I've been all around the world and the most unsafe I've felt was in Naples Italy, funnily enough, but that was just my personal experience.
Many parts of the US you cannot walk into and I think you're thread title was incorrect and misleading, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Dec 16th 2006 at 4:50 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:30 pm
Pom tiddly pom

I I think you're thread title was incorrect and misleading
how can it be 'incorrect and misleading' when it clearly say's that "I'm glad"? It's an opinion as in the title of the mail.

It's a fact that this murder by the parents of the girl who was bullying the child took place in the UK. It's not an opinion.

Obviously, not everyone is going to agree, and it's a very emotional subject, but when I read that newspaper article it shocked me, hence the post.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:32 pm
Banned

how can it be 'incorrect and misleading' when it clearly say's that "I'm glad"? It's an opinion as in the title of the mail.

It's a fact that this murder by the parents of the girl who was bullying the child took place in the UK. It's not an opinion.

Obviously, not everyone is going to agree, and it's a very emotional subject, but when I read that newspaper article it shocked me, hence the post.
Okay, not looking for an arguement. I'm happy for you that your kids are being educated in the US. Merry Christmas
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:34 pm
Pom tiddly pom

Okay, not looking for an arguement. I'm happy for you that your kids are being educated in the US. Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you too
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:44 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to say but this post is retarded

the quality of schooling is far better in the UK on a general basis

you obviously have no clue about kids in the USA going to school with knives and firearms on a basis that is far more regular than the UK
Old Dec 16th 2006, 5:27 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

:
Yes, American schools are renowned world over for their discipline, lack of bullying and lack of violence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.