Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm delirious. Share my happiness!

I'm delirious. Share my happiness!

Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold
Default I'm delirious. Share my happiness!

All,

I closed on my house today. 95% mortgage at 6%, on an L1A visa, having been here precisely 4 weeks. All done, house is mine!

Longer story: I was here in the summer on VWP, and knew I was coming back on visa. During the summer I arranged to buy a house and got the mortgage sorted. Everything worked exactly as planned. The mortgage bank have been excellent. No, really excellent.

After the upset of my wife going over the side with my best friend, and the trauma of moving here, uncertainty over my visa, it's all put to bed now.

Just thought I would share my good news. If anyone wants a referral to a mortgage lender with experience of non-immigrant visa (I guess L and H), then pm me. The sales guy and the mortgage processor were both fantastic. They were willing to try.

A very good evening to all. A bottle of wine may be coming out shortly!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:44 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm delirious. Share my happiness!

Originally Posted by Roadster280
All,

I closed on my house today. 95% mortgage at 6%, on an L1A visa, having been here precisely 4 weeks. All done, house is mine!

Longer story: I was here in the summer on VWP, and knew I was coming back on visa. During the summer I arranged to buy a house and got the mortgage sorted. Everything worked exactly as planned. The mortgage bank have been excellent. No, really excellent.

After the upset of my wife going over the side with my best friend, and the trauma of moving here, uncertainty over my visa, it's all put to bed now.

Just thought I would share my good news. If anyone wants a referral to a mortgage lender with experience of non-immigrant visa (I guess L and H), then pm me. The sales guy and the mortgage processor were both fantastic. They were willing to try.

Well done

When's the house warming ??
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:46 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

All,

Congratulations my friend. Enjoy!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Well done

When's the house warming ??
How about a New Year's Eve house warming? It's a big house with lots of room..
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:49 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

All,

Congratulations. I close on my house in 10 days. I'm also on an L, but I am recently married to a USC and had 20% to put down. Wachovia have been really good still, despite referring all the time to wanting proof of my permanent resident status. I have to keep correcting them, but they knew what my story was from the start. I spoke to a couple of brokers too and they said there would be no problem with an L1 visa, they just want proof you're in the country legally.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:50 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

How about a New Year's Eve house warming? It's a big house with lots of room..
Unfortunately I'll be back in the UK.
To be honest to hell with the housewarming, I suggest that you uncork that bottle of wine and kick back in YOUR new home
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

congrats.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neil
Congratulations. I close on my house in 10 days. I'm also on an L, but I am recently married to a USC and had 20% to put down. Wachovia have been really good still, despite referring all the time to wanting proof of my permanent resident status. I have to keep correcting them, but they knew what my story was from the start. I spoke to a couple of brokers too and they said there would be no problem with an L1 visa, they just want proof you're in the country legally.
Good Luck! I can't describe the feeling, returning to home ownership. It's fantastic. I can't stop smiling.

Thanks to all with your good wishes. And I meant it, if anyone needs a referral, just pm me. No false promises on my lender's part (so far!)
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats - its a nice feeling isn't it? But isn't that the bank that owns 95% of the house? The "all mine" is only 5% - buts its a very nice 5%, and it only gets better from here

All,

Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kevntrace
Many congrats - its a nice feeling isn't it? But isn't that the bank that owns 95% of the house? The "all mine" is only 5% - buts its a very nice 5%, and it only gets better from here
Only my name is on the title, I just owe the bank a rather large amount of money, secured by a lien. I guess I own my garage!

Odd thing is, I am still in my rented flat, as the sellers have two days to get packed and leave. Not like the UK, took me by surprise initially. I can wait a day! At least the deal is done.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:33 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Only my name is on the title, I just owe the bank a rather large amount of money, secured by a lien. I guess I own my garage!

Odd thing is, I am still in my rented flat, as the sellers have two days to get packed and leave. Not like the UK, took me by surprise initially. I can wait a day! At least the deal is done.
Congratulations. Where in Atlanta are you?
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:33 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! We're just starting on the property ladder & will be going to see a few mortgage agents in the not too distant future. I can't wait until we have found the perfect house, it's such an exciting time. I'm really looking forward to decorating my first house exactly how I want it & not having to worry about repairing the holes from the paintings we hang on the walls, because they'll be OUR walls!!!

Enjoy!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
Congratulations. Where in Atlanta are you?
Flat is in Buckhead, but my liver can't stand that any more! House is in Kennesaw, about 20 miles north.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:42 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Flat is in Buckhead, but my liver can't stand that any more! House is in Kennesaw, about 20 miles north.
I lived in Buckhead several years ago, only place I have ever known in the US to have several bars all relatively near each other, closest thing to a pub crawl
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
I lived in Buckhead several years ago, only place I have ever known in the US to have several bars all relatively near each other, closest thing to a pub crawl
Exactly! That's why I had to move! In reality I have been here since April, with a about two months out of the country, and loads of trips round the US with work. My flat is about 500 yds from Fado's! (via McTighe's!)

Time to move on. Onwards and upwards. Flat goes on 30 Nov.

The closing attorney said "Welcome to the United States". I welled up.

What a fabulous day, and thanks to all for your good wishes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.