Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm back, but not sure where from?

Wikiposts

I'm back, but not sure where from?

Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm back, but not sure where from?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I seem to remember that in the UK the seasons change on the 21st of the month, here its different. So I just stick to the correct way!
"The correct way", I like that.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Perfumdiva1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TruBrit
err slight correction....spring is today march 20 well in texas at least

Not so you would notice, in the morning anyway (by the way, I love the rain and when the house goes completely black), how sad am I?

But the afternoon has been LUVVLY

Hi Y'All, not been on this site for a while, but would just like to say to Tru Brit, dont be sad, it is absolutely awful in Houston if you dont know anyone, but after that it is OK, and if you need a nudge in the right direction to girls nights out or tennis thingys, shopping days (absolutely NO coffee mornings, as I only do boozey nights) then I am happy to oblige (after all, we have ALL been newbies somewhere)..

I have been in the US for 9 years or so (if I remember correctly), and only in the past year or so do I feel upset when I leave the Uk to come back here
but, life is good, generally, and my pals visit Houston alot, (must be for the company cause it sure isnt for the culture)

Anyway, I think it must be an age thingy, 40 and all of that, parent and in-laws getting older, families, etc, that makes me feel more soft, I dont know, but I am making my kids come with me back home for a few weeks in the summer, (much to their disgust), Mum what is there to do in Cornwall and Aberdeen?? they cry, and I say, well there is a place called REALITY and we need to visit it now and again .. (ha ha, but I tell them I had a job in Woolies when I was 15, and they say where)..
Oh My, it is surely time for a visit back to reality

Shall send y'all a postcard..

PD1
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:53 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Perfumdiva1]Not so you would notice, in the morning anyway (by the way, I love the rain and when the house goes completely black), how sad am I?

Hi Y'All, not been on this site for a while, but would just like to say to Tru Brit, dont be sad, it is absolutely awful in Houston if you dont know anyone, but after that it is OK, and if you need a nudge in the right direction to girls nights out or tennis thingys, shopping days (absolutely NO coffee mornings, as I only do boozey nights) then I am happy to oblige (after all, we have ALL been newbies somewhere)..

I have been in the US for 9 years or so (if I remember correctly), and only in the past year or so do I feel upset when I leave the Uk to come back here
but, life is good, generally, and my pals visit Houston alot, (must be for the company cause it sure isnt for the culture)

Anyway, I think it must be an age thingy, 40 and all of that, parent and in-laws getting older, families, etc, that makes me feel more soft, I dont know, but I am making my kids come with me back home for a few weeks in the summer, (much to their disgust), Mum what is there to do in Cornwall and Aberdeen?? they cry, and I say, well there is a place called REALITY and we need to visit it now and again .. (ha ha, but I tell them I had a job in Woolies when I was 15, and they say where)..

Cornwall AND Aberdeen!!!, that's a hell of a lot of travelling!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:54 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=blaze]
Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Not so you would notice, in the morning anyway (by the way, I love the rain and when the house goes completely black), how sad am I?

Cornwall AND Aberdeen!!!, that's a hell of a lot of travelling!

Hey, have air miles, will travel....
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

PD1
hello you, nice to see you again.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Still Now its Spring & the sun is shining, though freezing.
Reg. Frank R
lucky git....it's been colder now in spring than it has been most of the winter around here
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:58 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Y'All, not been on this site for a while,...
yup, it's been a while
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by woodsey
hello you, nice to see you again.

Ohhh, schucks, thanks for the welcome

Much appreciated..

PD1
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
yup, it's been a while

Oh my God, this is all too much

I feel a tear coming to my eye as I type this.

I hope you are well Bob, and life is treating you well (I think you probably deserve it)

PD1
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
lucky git....it's been colder now in spring than it has been most of the winter around here
Bob, the sun is shining, BUT its 32f. Its bloody feezin today. Big coats, hats & gloves.

Glad we did not get this:
http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/new...gfit9o2&src=ap
Reg. Frank R.

Last edited by frrussre; Mar 20th 2006 at 10:10 am.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:13 am
Account Closed

Bob, the sun is shining, BUT its 32f. Its bloody feezin today. Big coats, hats & gloves.

Reg. Frank R.

What a well mannered chap (I presume) to say "Reg.."

Hope it isnt tooo cold where u r,, in Houston we reached a high of 82, or so my car said, and it is very humid, which plays hell with my hair, I mean I am naturally wavy, and I spend mucho $$$ to make it straight, then the huimidity hits, oh my, what is a girl to do??

Sometimes life is a bitch aint it
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

What a well mannered chap (I presume) to say "Reg.."

Hope it isnt tooo cold where u r,, in Houston we reached a high of 82, or so my car said, and it is very humid, which plays hell with my hair, I mean I am naturally wavy, and I spend mucho $$$ to make it straight, then the huimidity hits, oh my, what is a girl to do??

Sometimes life is a bitch aint it
In a couple of months it should be like that here. Can't wait.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:01 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Reg. Frank R.
hehe..aye, it does look great if your not going outside...and thank god we haven't had another major dump of snow, though we're supposed to have had one over the weekend, but it missed us
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
In a couple of months it should be like that here. Can't wait.

Tell you what, I love the heat, absolutely love it

But man my hair, what can I say, it goes from sleek and shiny, in the winter, to curly and wild in the summer (but it aint all bad, alot less work for me) and that is always a good thing

And I dont know if anyone else has this problem, but as soon as my hair hits the chlorine, then it goes completely corkscrewy, or maybe it has something to do with the Marguerittas, who knows .. but I am also grateful it doesnt turn green anymore in the pool

Girls with highlights, you know what I am talking about LOL

Back on thread, yes I am back in the US with all its ups and downs and strangeness, and it is what it is (for now anyway)

Smile

PD1
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Tell you what, I love the heat, absolutely love it

But man my hair, what can I say, it goes from sleek and shiny, in the winter, to curly and wild in the summer (but it aint all bad, alot less work for me) and that is always a good thing

And I dont know if anyone else has this problem, but as soon as my hair hits the chlorine, then it goes completely corkscrewy, or maybe it has something to do with the Marguerittas, who knows .. but I am also grateful it doesnt turn green anymore in the pool

Girls with highlights, you know what I am talking about LOL

Back on thread, yes I am back in the US with all its ups and downs and strangeness, and it is what it is (for now anyway)

Smile

PD1
Try waxing?
Reg. Frank R.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.