Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm back! *waving at patrick*

I'm back! *waving at patrick*

Old Jun 20th 2003, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

lasmus31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking I'm back! *waving at patrick*

Well, it's been forever, maybe you guys wont even remember me?

I'm Lisa ... my husband is US Airforce and we were about to be stationed in Delaware.

Well, we have been here now for nearly 7 months ... doesnt time fly!!

I have now mastered the art of driving on the 'other' side, although there were a few scary moments!

I'm working fulltime (the holiday/vacation time given sucks compared to the UK)

Just really wanted to give you and update, and let you know I was back and would be bugging you with regular posts!!

*Hugs*

Last edited by lasmus31; Jun 20th 2003 at 3:01 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:07 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm back! *waving at patrick*

Heeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy Lovely Lisa,

Hows it going, any McDonalds shaped like Spaceships in Dellaware?

What job are doing, are you enjoying it, are you enjoying yourself, what do you like about the US, why is sky blue, why is there only one sock left in dryer, why is bellybutton fluff always blue, when is wrong to scratch in public?

I have been here 4 months and still haven't found gainful employment but I am still trying. We live at the seaside and your always welcome to pop down to SE NC to visit.

Welcome back, I think I speak for everyone when I say we missed you (apart from those who don't know who you are!)

Patrick

Originally posted by lasmus31
Well, it's been forever, maybe you guys wont even remember me?

I'm Lisa (met Patrick at the Embassy in November) my husband is US Airforce and we were about to be stationed in Delaware.

Well, we have been here now for nearly 7 months ... doesnt time fly!!

I have now mastered the art of driving on the 'other' side, although there were a few scary moments!

I'm working fulltime (the holiday/vacation time given sucks compared to the UK)

Just really wanted to give you and update, and let you know I was back and would be bugging you with regular posts!!

*Hugs*
Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

lasmus31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Patrick *huge hugs*

Absolutely no spaceship shaped macdonalds at all!!! What is the world coming to!

I landed an administration job for a property developer. The money is pretty good and the people are great to work with. It took me about 8 weeks to find a job, boy were things tough in the beginning! I had to totally 'americanize' my C.V. (Resume), and only then did i start to receive interview letters! So hang in there!

The first couple of months were hell. It's a very busy base here and Bruce started to work almost straight away. The days melted together, no work, no friends .. i was a basket case! Then i literally 'bumped' into another British woman, who had arrived a couple of months before me, as was just as homesick and miserable (your can imagine how we cheered each other up ... not!) Through my friend i met some American friends and life just opened up for me.

Delaware is a great place, Tax free shopping woooo hoooo!

Miss my family and friends back home like crazy, but have also discovered it's not that expensive to call at least once a week!
I am going to go home over Christmas and New Year!

I miss so many silly things! Heinz baked beans ... and salad cream! Post boxes! Blue tits! (the feathered kind lol) British accents! The TV! The Daily Mail! Radio Stations that dont play country! Oh the list is endless!

Ohhh NC! You must be about 8 hours away?? The same goes if you wanna come to Delaware (althought why you would want to I have no clue!

So tell me your gossip!!! How are you finding life?

Lisa

Originally posted by Patrick

What job are doing, are you enjoying it, are you enjoying yourself, what do you like about the US, why is sky blue, why is there only one sock left in dryer, why is bellybutton fluff always blue, when is wrong to scratch in public?

I have been here 4 months and still haven't found gainful employment but I am still trying. We live at the seaside and your always welcome to pop down to SE NC to visit.

Welcome back, I think I speak for everyone when I say we missed you (apart from those who don't know who you are!)

Patrick

Last edited by lasmus31; Jun 20th 2003 at 3:25 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2003, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Patrick

Patrick

Hey Patrick,

Where is the MacDonalds shaped like a spaceship. I remember a burger joint near Huntingdon, at the junction of the old A604 and A1, that was shaped like a spaceship, where you ordered on touch screen moniters, and waitresses brought the food to you dressed in aluminium dresses,but I didnt think it was a Macdonalds, are you saying more of them have been built
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 2:24 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by simon bland
Hey Patrick,

Where is the MacDonalds shaped like a spaceship. I remember a burger joint near Huntingdon, at the junction of the old A604 and A1, that was shaped like a spaceship, where you ordered on touch screen moniters, and waitresses brought the food to you dressed in aluminium dresses,but I didnt think it was a Macdonalds, are you saying more of them have been built
Thats the one we are talking about, it went out of business and McDonalds bought the building, the problem is they didn't change any of the decor so it was pretty naff.

Patrick