Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm an Agnostic Get Me Outta Here !

I'm an Agnostic Get Me Outta Here !

Old Sep 20th 2009, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm an Agnostic Get Me Outta Here !

Do you want them to attend or are you just being polite?

If it's the former, then simply invite them.

If it's the latter, tell them that you're having a great pissup, you think that the Aussies are planning on introducing a few new drinking games etc etc....could be a bit rowdy
Old Sep 20th 2009, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I do think there are some Amish or Mennonites though somewhere around that area in Ohio if I remember correctly. They used to come to the Dayton Mall.
I was friends with a Mennonite girl once. I attended a creative writing camp as a teenager for a week, and she was my roommate. I really, really enjoyed her company, she was intelligent and funny. I remember commenting on how bare the ceiling in the dorm we shared was ... she was used to all sorts of things hanging from the ceiling of a room. (i.e. - vegetation hung to dry, etc.)

I remember she told me once that when Jehovah's Witnesses (or others) came to their home her father would invite them in, get them a big mug of cider, and then proceed to try to convert them instead!

The sad thing is, her name is now escaping me, and she's not someone I'm ever going to find on Facebook.

Last edited by Kaffy Mintcake; Sep 20th 2009 at 2:57 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
we're going to be having friends over for a bbq in a couple of weeks...a motley crew, mainly brits and Aussies with a handful of yanks thrown in...now do I invite my highly (but not quite in a Dugger kind of way) religious, but very nice neighbors?
At the moment we all get on very well...this could put an end to all that...should I care?
Who knows, they may just surprise you! I think I might invite them, but give them a sense of what to expect. That way they don't wonder 'well I thought we were getting on so well' when they see your bbq and realize they weren't invited.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Do you want them to attend or are you just being polite?

If it's the former, then simply invite them.

If it's the latter, tell them that you're having a great pissup, you think that the Aussies are planning on introducing a few new drinking games etc etc....could be a bit rowdy
Have them come over just at the time when the Aussies are up on the tables, pants down, tickling each others balls......first one to get a hard on loses.
You may never hear from them again.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

I want them to come, so I think I'll go over and invite them and give them fair warning that it could get a bit rowdy and that there'll be alchohol involved (not sure whether they drink or not, but suspect not!)
Old Sep 20th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CelticRover
Have them come over just at the time when the Aussies are up on the tables, pants down, tickling each others balls......first one to get a hard on loses.
You may never hear from them again.
our parties get rowdy, but never that rowdy !
Old Sep 20th 2009, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I want them to come, so I think I'll go over and invite them and give them fair warning that it could get a bit rowdy and that there'll be alchohol involved (not sure whether they drink or not, but suspect not!)
That's perfect.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

our parties get rowdy, but never that rowdy !
It can get messy when they won't stop playing.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CelticRover
It can get messy when they won't stop playing.
eewwww...TMI !!!
Old Sep 20th 2009, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

eewwww...TMI !!!
I know. They kept knocking their beer off the table.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

nooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tonrob
I live in a fairly churchgoing little town in western MA. I love it because it means I can have the supermarket to myself on a Sunday morning.
yes totally agree!! The best time to do anything down here (GA) is Sunday before noon when they are all out god bothering.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Patty2 will become famous soon enoughPatty2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Remind me not to volunteer at dude's school again.

It went something like this 'Hi I'm *** How are You? Have you accepted JC as your personal saviour?' Couldn't I have got my bloody coat off first? Maybe even a nice 'Where are you from? I love your accayent!'

I am done trying to make friends and have accepted my fate as a hermit, never to have human contact again - well except DH and dude
Great...Is this what to expect in Texas? We're moving out to San Antonio in Jan. Just DH, DS and me
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:14 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty2
Great...Is this what to expect in Texas? We're moving out to San Antonio in Jan. Just DH, DS and me
Don't expect anything, just leave it to the Lord and put your faith in him. As he guided you to Texas, he will guide you by his hand once you are there and show you the way to the true path.

Welcome to Texas.

Last edited by another bloody yank; Sep 25th 2009 at 10:18 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Remind me not to volunteer at dude's school again.

It went something like this 'Hi I'm *** How are You? Have you accepted JC as your personal saviour?' Couldn't I have got my bloody coat off first? Maybe even a nice 'Where are you from? I love your accayent!'

I am done trying to make friends and have accepted my fate as a hermit, never to have human contact again - well except DH and dude
Move to the Bay Area - been here 27 years, never been asked about religion. Live with G/F, unmarried, no one comments.

===============
How are You? Have you accepted JC as your personal saviour?
I like to ask this ... "so, if you don't accept JC as your savior you won't go to heaven?" (yes, they will say). "So, a man born in remote China or remote Africa, who has never heard of JC, who dies of a disease will not go to heaven, despite the fact it is not their fault?" ('well, the Lord works in strange ways; there are churches everywhere spreading the message, even in China and Africa, as well as radio broadcasts, etc...' - they may say). "So, a man born 1,500 years ago in remote China or remote Africa, before missionaries, radios, etc would also suffer this fate through no fault of his own?" ('hmmm ... maybe we won't discuss religion with you any more ...')

Last edited by Steerpike; Sep 26th 2009 at 8:05 am.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:09 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I do think there are some Amish or Mennonites though somewhere around that area in Ohio if I remember correctly. They used to come to the Dayton Mall.
Ohio actually has more Amish than any other state, including PA.
And they have sense enough to not come around knocking on your door early in the morning to convert you!
http://www2.etown.edu/amishstudies/P...n_by_State.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.