British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   If you didn't think he was arrogant before... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/if-you-didnt-think-he-arrogant-before-278143/)

Patrick Jan 17th 2005 3:28 pm

If you didn't think he was arrogant before...

"President George W Bush has said his re-election has vindicated his administration's policy on Iraq.

Mr Bush said there was no need to hold any of his officials accountable for mistakes or misjudgements in pre-war planning or managing the aftermath.
In an interview in Sunday's Washington Post he said that his re-election was an "accountability moment". "

So he is saying - yeah we ****ed up, but the american people don't care so no-one should be blamed.

If throw shit at my neighbors house and non of my other neighbors complain does that mean its OK?

Patrick

effi Jan 17th 2005 11:09 pm

Re: If you didn't think he was arrogant before...

Originally Posted by Patrick
"President George W Bush has said his re-election has vindicated his administration's policy on Iraq.

Mr Bush said there was no need to hold any of his officials accountable for mistakes or misjudgements in pre-war planning or managing the aftermath.
In an interview in Sunday's Washington Post he said that his re-election was an "accountability moment". "

So he is saying - yeah we ****ed up, but the american people don't care so no-one should be blamed.

If throw shit at my neighbors house and non of my other neighbors complain does that mean its OK?

Patrick

That is what elections are for, you vote for the person in the hope that they will keep their word and make the right decisions on your behalf. Enough dorks in the US believed all the shite he spouted and voted for him, therefore I guess he is right in saying what he said. The people who voted for him gave him a stamp of approval. The fact that half the country does not agree does not matter, he is in for another 4 years and he will probably wreak havoc, he has nothing to lose, he will not be re-elected so he has carte blanche. God help us all!!!!!!!!

Taffyles Jan 18th 2005 1:58 am

Originally Posted by effi
The people who voted for him gave him a stamp of approval. The fact that half the country does not agree does not matter, he is in for another 4 years and he will probably wreak havoc, he has nothing to lose, he will not be re-elected so he has carte blanche. God help us all!!!!!!!!

You said it...anybody watching what the duffer is doing with social security?
:scared:

tony126 Jan 18th 2005 2:44 am

Patrick

The statement attributed to GWB is a bit much for me to swallow. Not being able to vote puts me on the outside of the political argument but if I was able I certainly could not have voted for JFK. There are lies, lies and politicians and in my book I could not have voted for that man if he was the only candidate.

Tone Jan 18th 2005 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by tony126
The statement attributed to GWB is a bit much for me to swallow. Not being able to vote puts me on the outside of the political argument but if I was able I certainly could not have voted for JFK. There are lies, lies and politicians and in my book I could not have voted for that man if he was the only candidate.

That would be a little difficult, they'd need to dig him up first and he only have half a head

elfman Jan 19th 2005 1:25 am

Talking of shit....

German police have their hands full - pranksters in Berlin have been sticking miniature American flags into piles of dog poop in public parks.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...0603149553A551

anotherlimey Jan 19th 2005 4:31 am

Originally Posted by elfman
Talking of shit....

German police have their hands full - pranksters in Berlin have been sticking miniature American flags into piles of dog poop in public parks.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...0603149553A551

Oh those Germans, you've got to love their sense of humour.