Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

If visa is approved

If visa is approved

Old Sep 28th 2001, 1:36 am
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

My fiance will be coming over to get me or i hope. Thing is he only left on 23rd Sept. I will probably leave the UK on or around the last week in October. Question is how can he prove to the ins officer at the airport that he is here just for a few days to pick me up and take me back home? Is there any documentation or anything that i can copy for him to show immigration?

The reason i am asking is when he came over earlier this year it was end of march and he had only just left at the end of february. They told him then that he needed to have a £1000 on him to prove that he could support himself while he was here and that he wasnt intending to stay.

Thanks for your help
Old Sep 28th 2001, 2:03 am
Girlcanada

What about a copy of the approval letter (NOA #2). That's what my fiance is bringing
as evidence he intends to return. That and he purchased a return airline ticket.

Another idea is a letter from his employer that he intends to return to work? Just a
few ideas I've seen posted here before. HTH, GC

--
Vermont Service Center Aug 24/01 I-129F Petition Couriered Aug 27/01 I-129F Petition
Received Aug 30/01 Notice of Action Dated Sep 12/01 Notice of Approval Dated **19
days from submission to approval** Sep 17/01 Requested Provisional file Vancouver Sep
19/01 Notice of Approval received (2 copies) Sep 19/01 Packet #3 received from Vanc
US Embassy Sep 24/01 Duplicate Notice of Approval received (now we have 3) Sep 26/01
Medical appointment Oct 04/01 US Consulate interview (Vancouver) Jim (USC) & Michelle
(Alberta, Canada)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 28th 2001, 2:56 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes good idea thanks i will get him to do that.