Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

If I were an American ..

If I were an American ..

Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:36 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If I were an American ..

Seems appropriate to post about pharmacy errors and how to prevent the consumer getting sick or worse as a result-

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/...cy_errors.html
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I guess I'm a beleiver in karma. You should expect and fully understand your arse being nailed to the floor for any mistakes you make in life and at work
Im too anal to make mistakes...and when I do...I am an absolute master at proving they were some other poor schmucks fault.

Infact it it wasnt for the fact that I am me, I wouldn't like me either. Im a rather dispicable character really.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:00 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Im too anal to make mistakes...and when I do...I am an absolute master at proving they were some other poor schmucks fault.

Infact it it wasnt for the fact that I am me, I wouldn't like me either. Im a rather dispicable character really.
Now I know you are taking the piss, your experience with the rugby WC finals would demonstrate otherwise. Not to mention you moved 3000 miles to a place you hate, that's a pretty significant **** up, like I said it's karma.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Now I know you are taking the piss, your experience with the rugby WC finals would demonstrate otherwise. Not to mention you moved 3000 miles to a place you hate, that's a pretty significant **** up, like I said it's karma.
Great, now I have the worlds authority on wrong and right telling me I can abandon my kids and **** off back to the UK. I'll be knocking back a decent pint and reading the Sporting Life in the Dog and Duck this time tomorrow night.

I did think we were talking vocationally.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
OMG I find myself agreeing with you. That's exactly what I was thinking...he could lose his job and may have difficulty getting another if this is on his record. Surely it is also our responsibility to check the meds that are handed over are the correct ones.
You can imagine what that's like for old people though... couples get their meds mixed up sometimes.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Since we don't know all the facts we don't know whether license revokation/dismissal would be the appropriate punishment. If the pharmacist was seriously negligent, or if this is the latest in a series of errors, then serious punishment is in order. On the other hand, I've worn that white coat, and even the Great and Powerful Moi reached for the wrong bottle a couple of times. Lookalike/soundalike drug names are a very common source of confusion. I always double-checked by matching the Rx with the bottle after I was finished, and was able to catch the mistake myself. And yes, it's a shock to realize that you've done something dumb. I double-checked other pharmacists and techs and caught a few errors that way. It's important that Mandana's incident is investigated and all the facts determined.
I'm in agreement with you.

Sure, it seems mean to complain before Christmas. Sure, it seems since she wasn't hard - how could you ruin someone's life over an honest mistake.

But people in such a profession are held to a higher standard imo... depending upon what the original or mistaken pills were... his carelessness could have ruined someone else's life - or even killed them.

And no - I do not think it is the consumer's responsibility to check if they have the right pills. Wise... perhaps. But responsibility - no. Some old lady for example, might never keep track of her various meds. That is why pharmacists are supposed to be highly trained, and have tight procedures so such a thing doesn't happen.

I wouldn't try to profit from the mistake - but I do think there should be some level of consequences from it. That's part of the deal with that kind of a job.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
You can imagine what that's like for old people though... couples get their meds mixed up sometimes.
Of course...but for those of us who are able there are steps we can take to protect ourselves from being given incorrect meds.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:21 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Great, now I have the worlds authority on wrong and right telling me I can abandon my kids and **** off back to the UK. I'll be knocking back a decent pint and reading the Sporting Life in the Dog and Duck this time tomorrow night.

I did think we were talking vocationally.
Me an authority , nah I just have an opinion like you and everyone else here.
If you are going to leave now is the time, you think it's going to get easier when the kids have friends, are in college, more Americanized.
I thought you were the man in your family and would act accordingly, at least that's what your posts say
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Me an authority , nah I just have an opinion like you and everyone else here.
If you are going to leave now is the time, you think it's going to get easier when the kids have friends, are in college, more Americanized.
I thought you were the man in your family and would act accordingly, at least that's what your posts say
Red flag to a bull...
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Red flag to a bull...
........... shitter
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:32 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

If that were the case he wouldn't always be bitching about not getting any.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Goodness, this thread has derailed somewhat!!

For the record, I had, nor have any inclination to sue. I a) am not out to make a quick buck or b) want to see this guy sacked. BUT I will talk to him later when I go in to get my replacements and will take it from there. This could have been more serious but it wasn't. At the same time it might not have been a one off?? The pharmacy wasn't busy and AFAIK no-one else checked what he was doing as there was only him and the girl there.

This is surely a case of procedural error as well as personal error IMO
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:01 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandana

For the record, I had, nor have any inclination to sue. I a) am not out to make a quick buck or b) want to see this guy sacked. BUT I will talk to him later when I go in to get my replacements and will take it from there. This could have been more serious but it wasn't. At the same time it might not have been a one off?? The pharmacy wasn't busy and AFAIK no-one else checked what he was doing as there was only him and the girl there.

All I know is that you will be seriously pissed off if you find out he gave you some good shit and you took it back.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandana

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you intend to sue. FWIW I would make sure his manager was aware of the situation and leave it at that. If this is a one off...fair enough no one is perfect and perhaps a means of preventing such an occurrence in future can be established. If the pharmacist concerned has made an error like this before maybe there are procedures for the store to be follow...such as informing the State's Pharmacy Board...I don't know.

Thank goodness you noticed you were given the wrong meds.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 7th 2007 at 8:22 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I'm dying to know too.
well obviously she didn't

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.