Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

If I were an American ..

If I were an American ..

Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If I were an American ..

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Funny how all the 'nice' people on BE show their true colors if there's a potential payout involved.
The pharmacist made a mistake, to sit there calculating the various options for personal gain is a bit sickening to be quite honest.
I'm sure he/she has a family and made an honest mistake which led to no harm, I'm sure the person could lose their job if lawyers and the media were involved.

Shame on everyone with the $$$$ signs in their eyes on this thread :curse:
OMG I find myself agreeing with you. That's exactly what I was thinking...he could lose his job and may have difficulty getting another if this is on his record. Surely it is also our responsibility to check the meds that are handed over are the correct ones.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:36 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
OMG I find myself agreeing with you. That's exactly what I was thinking...he could lose his job and may have difficulty getting another if this is on his record. Surely it is also our responsibility to check the meds that are handed over are the correct ones.
You sound like I don't usually take a rational and common sense approach to most things
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:37 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

That's exactly how I feel. I'm sure the shock of making the mistake made him more aware. I would hate for someone to lose their job at Christmas over an honest mistake.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Funny how all the 'nice' people on BE show their true colors if there's a potential payout involved.
The pharmacist made a mistake, to sit there calculating the various options for personal gain is a bit sickening to be quite honest.
I'm sure he/she has a family and made an honest mistake which led to no harm, I'm sure the person could lose their job if lawyers and the media were involved.

Shame on everyone with the $$$$ signs in their eyes on this thread :curse:
Thank god I've never been considered one of the 'nice' people of BE because I'd have the pharmacists arse nailed to the floor in a heartbeat.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:38 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

You sound like I don't usually take a rational and common sense approach to most things
No. She sounded like you two agree for once when usually you dont. Thats how she sounded.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:41 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
No. She sounded like you two agree for once when usually you dont. Thats how she sounded.
If better judgemet didn't tell me otherwise I'd almost be tempted to think you were attempting to shit stir on this thread in your attention grabbing posts so far.
Don't be so needy, I'll get to you sonny
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god I've never been considered one of the 'nice' people of BE because I'd have the pharmacists arse nailed to the floor in a heartbeat.
Too damn right ...John Morgan PA is on speed dial ... for the people ...

I pay $2 per pill that they pay 8c for ...
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

If better judgemet didn't tell me otherwise I'd almost be tempted to think you were attempting to shit stir on this thread in your attention grabbing posts so far.
Don't be so needy, I'll get to you sonny
Funny it seemed to me that you might've been seeing something derogatory to you, and I assured you it wasn't. That doesn't seem like shit stirring to me.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:51 pm
Banned

Funny it seemed to me that you might've been seeing something derogatory to you, and I assured you it wasn't. That doesn't seem like shit stirring to me.
Ye're wot
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You are right...that's exactly how I meant it.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:59 pm
Banned

You are right...that's exactly how I meant it.
I was being facetious, I thought it seemed obvious but I do appreciate you and Rushman explaining.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
That's exactly how I feel. I'm sure the shock of making the mistake made him more aware. I would hate for someone to lose their job at Christmas over an honest mistake.
Since we don't know all the facts we don't know whether license revokation/dismissal would be the appropriate punishment. If the pharmacist was seriously negligent, or if this is the latest in a series of errors, then serious punishment is in order. On the other hand, I've worn that white coat, and even the Great and Powerful Moi reached for the wrong bottle a couple of times. Lookalike/soundalike drug names are a very common source of confusion. I always double-checked by matching the Rx with the bottle after I was finished, and was able to catch the mistake myself. And yes, it's a shock to realize that you've done something dumb. I double-checked other pharmacists and techs and caught a few errors that way. It's important that Mandana's incident is investigated and all the facts determined.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:23 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Since we don't know all the facts we don't know whether license revokation/dismissal would be the appropriate punishment. If the pharmacist was seriously negligent, or if this is the latest in a series of errors, then serious punishment is in order. On the other hand, I've worn that white coat, and even the Great and Powerful Moi reached for the wrong bottle a couple of times. Lookalike/soundalike drug names are a very common source of confusion. I always double-checked by matching the Rx with the bottle after I was finished, and was able to catch the mistake myself. And yes, it's a shock to realize that you've done something dumb. I double-checked other pharmacists and techs and caught a few errors that way. It's important that Mandana's incident is investigated and all the facts determined.
You're right of course (but I couldn't do it).

I forgot to put salt in the potatoes last night! Good God, what if I lost my job as chief cook and bottle washer over it?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:31 pm
Banned

I guess I'm a beleiver in karma. You should expect and fully understand your arse being nailed to the floor for any mistakes you make in life and at work
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:33 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandana
Well after my initial 'nicey nicey' on the phone, it then sunk in just how serious that could have been.

What if I'd just thought 'oh, the pills have changed' .. or not thought at all and taken them?

I know I didn't, and I don't necessarily want to get the bloke into trouble, but at the same time, this could have been really serious.

WWYD?
That's what I would have done...... I'm not interested in ruining people's lives for honest mistakes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.