'Ice' Day!

Old Jan 27th 2004, 1:15 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold
Default 'Ice' Day!

This is day 2 where NC has been affected by ice and the whole place seems to have ground to a stop!

I'm one of the few (about 20 out of 250) that have made it into work today and thats after taking a 3 mile detour as my car wouldn't make it up an icy hill. Anyone else having problems??
Old Jan 27th 2004, 1:17 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

No disrespect to those on the East coast, but we've had an ice 'month' but as soon as the eastern seaboard gets the storm we just had in the northern midwest, well **** me, it makes the national headlines.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

jemetpl is an unknown quantity at this point

If any of you have dealings with people in the UK, please be warned that winter has arrived here as well.

You can tell by the hysterical reaction in the media and the fact that two centimetres of snow ix expected in the Home Counties in the next 48 hours. This will cause the entire country to ground to a halt as local councils fail to grit the roads properly and the 'wrong kind' of snow causes the railways to become even more shambolic.

This farce will be accompanied by the inevitable chorus of eco freaks and money seeking 'researchers' about how this is all due to global warming.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 2:07 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by jemetpl
If any of you have dealings with people in the UK, please be warned that winter has arrived here as well.

You can tell by the hysterical reaction in the media and the fact that two centimetres of snow ix expected in the Home Counties in the next 48 hours. This will cause the entire country to ground to a halt as local councils fail to grit the roads properly and the 'wrong kind' of snow causes the railways to become even more shambolic.

This farce will be accompanied by the inevitable chorus of eco freaks and money seeking 'researchers' about how this is all due to global warming.
Just so you know if you're expecting anything better over here forget it, especially in this area of the US. Hardly any of the roads have been ploughed and they won't salt the roads as it won't do any good with the temperatures we're having. You're basically left to your own devices and if you don't get to work you won't get paid. This is even though all the news channels are telling everyone to stay at home.
I had to risk it and I'd much rather drive in UK weather than the sheets of ice we have on the roads here!
Old Jan 27th 2004, 2:16 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Ice' Day!

Originally posted by RoB1833
This is day 2 where NC has been affected by ice and the whole place seems to have ground to a stop!

I'm one of the few (about 20 out of 250) that have made it into work today and thats after taking a 3 mile detour as my car wouldn't make it up an icy hill. Anyone else having problems??
Got up at 5am in the morning to help dig out the car so the missus could go to work.
Every bastard else...schools...businesses... are closed, but people need their books so Borders have to open !
Old Jan 27th 2004, 2:26 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

You're well into your music Webbie, I can play my violin for you if ya want?
Old Jan 27th 2004, 2:29 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
You're well into your music Webbie, I can play my violin for you if ya want?
Ah ha ha haaaaa !
Funnily enough I've just read an article about Americans and irony. (from Ricky Gervais winning the Golden Balls..sorry Globes.)
Old Jan 27th 2004, 2:36 pm
@matthewb76

This was me on Saturday morning.
shovelling my roof and getting all the ice off the eaves. I was way ****ing cold.
Attached Thumbnails 'Ice' Day!-ppwmd2ch.jpg  
Old Jan 27th 2004, 2:36 pm
@matthewb76

ooh yeah , Adidas Campus on, my feet were like blocks of ice too.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

ejay1 will become famous soon enough

Here in Virginia we didn't get alot of snow just 4-10 inches but we received some freezing rain. This morning when I was walking to get the mail I slipped on some black ice. I hate winter time, Im not used to it being cold.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 3:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I really hate to Gloat...But I will !!!

Was 79f down here yesterday... nearly A/C time again
Old Jan 27th 2004, 3:54 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
This was me on Saturday morning.
shovelling my roof and getting all the ice off the eaves. I was way ****ing cold.
Ah, the joys of home ownership, Manc
Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Manc ... you wouldnt have any idea of how to stop ice coming through the ventilation holes in the eaves ?
We have one rather majestic icicle thats now 4ft long ! Brrrrrrrr

Jan
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:07 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by jan_michigan
Hey Manc ... you wouldnt have any idea of how to stop ice coming through the ventilation holes in the eaves ?
We have one rather majestic icicle thats now 4ft long ! Brrrrrrrr

Jan
We have no vent holes in the eaves, that's probably caused the ice dam in the first place. We only have vent holes in the apex of the roof.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
I really hate to Gloat...But I will !!!

Was 79f down here yesterday... nearly A/C time again
Oh its been cold here too- ALMOST put the heating on last Saturday night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.