Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

ICC Cricket World Cup 2003

ICC Cricket World Cup 2003

Old Feb 9th 2003, 8:31 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default OT: ICC Cricket World Cup 2003

Anyone out there actually watching it on Dish Network? I wish I could make up my mind to come up with the $299.95... I miss the cricket so much... it's even worse for my son Shivan...

Last edited by Ranjini; Mar 2nd 2003 at 1:15 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2003, 10:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2003

Originally posted by Ranjini
Anyone out there actually watching it on Dish Network? I wish I could make up my mind to come up with the $299.95... I miss the cricket so much... it's even worse for my son Shivan...
Not offered on any of the sports channels associated with Cablevision/HBO/TimeWarner?

If the outlay is a one time thing, perhaps Ken can spring for a pricey valentine's day present for you and your son ...

Hint, Hint Ken

Rita
Old Feb 9th 2003, 11:46 pm
Banned

Default Re: OT: ICC Cricket World Cup 2003

Originally posted by Rete
Not offered on any of the sports channels associated with Cablevision/HBO/TimeWarner?

If the outlay is a one time thing, perhaps Ken can spring for a pricey valentine's day present for you and your son ...

Hint, Hint Ken

Rita
We talked about it.... It looks like we have to replace our sattelite tv system altogether... Lol. We have Directv. That seems kind of stupid even to me... Thanks for the suggestion, however, Rete

Last edited by Ranjini; Mar 2nd 2003 at 1:16 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2003, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point

I have watched past World Cups and other cricket tournaments on Dish Network, coverage is good. Unfortunately, this year I am stuck on a project away from home in Omaha, so I will have to hunt for some alternative sources on the net (besides cricinfo). Unfortuantely, I have been unable to find any restaurants or university clubs in the Omaha/Lincoln area broadcasting the games (plenty of opportunities in the LA and SF areas where I have watched past Cups).

omer
Old Feb 10th 2003, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, I wish Dish Network allowed you to purchase individual matches (they have done that in other tournaments). I don't want to shell out $300 for the entire tournament, but I would be more than willing to pay 20-30 bucks for the few matches I want to watch (e.g. Pakistan vs. India )

omer
Old Feb 10th 2003, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ranjini
Anyone out there actually watching it on Dish Network? I wish I could make up my mind to come up with the $299.95... I miss the cricket so much... it's even worse for my son Shivan... [/QUOT

So where is the marriage based visa connection here ? shouldn't this posting be somewhere else ?
Old Feb 10th 2003, 10:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by robclews
Anyone out there actually watching it on Dish Network? I wish I could make up my mind to come up with the $299.95... I miss the cricket so much... it's even worse for my son Shivan... [/QUOT

So where is the marriage based visa connection here ? shouldn't this posting be somewhere else ?
The connection is that she and her son arrived in the US through a marriage-based visa. The problem is that the marriage-based visa did not include a paragraph allowing the recipients to view their favorite sports at a reasonable fee.

Want to be one of the first to sign a petition that the new INS include such a provision in their new forms? Imagine how thrilled you will be when you can get your soccer matches at will when they are being played.

Rete ;-)
Old Feb 10th 2003, 10:49 am
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by robclews

Sorry... my fault. I should said OT in the header... OT means "off-topic" by the way..
Old Feb 10th 2003, 10:56 am
Banned

Originally posted by osaeed
Also, I wish Dish Network allowed you to purchase individual matches (they have done that in other tournaments). I don't want to shell out $300 for the entire tournament, but I would be more than willing to pay 20-30 bucks for the few matches I want to watch (e.g. Pakistan vs. India )

omer
In which case , we may have even considered changing our satellite service
Old Feb 10th 2003, 2:00 pm
Banned

Originally posted by osaeed
I have watched past World Cups and other cricket tournaments on Dish Network, coverage is good. Unfortunately, this year I am stuck on a project away from home in Omaha, so I will have to hunt for some alternative sources on the net (besides cricinfo). Unfortuantely, I have been unable to find any restaurants or university clubs in the Omaha/Lincoln area broadcasting the games (plenty of opportunities in the LA and SF areas where I have watched past Cups).

omer
Hi Omer... Last world cup we found a link to ball-by-ball commentaries live on radio online... but I don't remember where. Have you been able to find anything ? I think bbc.com radio is broadcasting selected matches...
Old Feb 10th 2003, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Black Label is an unknown quantity at this point

go to thatscricket.com
Old Feb 10th 2003, 2:35 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Black Label
go to thatscricket.com
Didn't find a radio link ? Guess they are just didn't broadcast live .. for this particular match at least/. Yaay!! We won our first round game against New Zealand.
Would have loved to have watched that scinctillating 120 off 125 balls by Jayasuriya....
Old Feb 10th 2003, 3:28 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Rete
The connection is that she and her son arrived in the US through a marriage-based visa. The problem is that the marriage-based visa did not include a paragraph allowing the recipients to view their favorite sports at a reasonable fee.

Want to be one of the first to sign a petition that the new INS include such a provision in their new forms? Imagine how thrilled you will be when you can get your soccer matches at will when they are being played.

Rete ;-)
Lol Rete so true. Considering that World Cup time comes around in the Cricket world, only once in four years....
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

sharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to all

Rajat was able to hear the India v. Pakistan game on www.wisden.com

Unfortunately, they had some technical problems so he didn't
get to hear the great innings of Sachin Tendulkar.

You can catch some highlights/clips on www.skysports.com and
it costs 2.99 (pounds)/month or 25 pounds/year and you can catch other sports like soccer (premiership and la liga highlights).

If anyone knows of any good bars in NYC where he can catch cricket please let us know. Nevada Smith's in the Village is good for catching soccer games.

India Zindabad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 1:57 pm
Banned

Originally posted by sharmilashah
Rajat was able to hear the India v. Pakistan game on www.wisden.com

India Zindabad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you Sharmila Exactly the information I was looking for. Listening to the exciting match England vs. Australia right now. So excited!! India looking good tournament-wise...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.